Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How long on avg are your drive shaft seals are lasting? - Page 2 - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How long on avg are your drive shaft seals are lasting?

Top link outer bolt is definitely the way to go, but you may need a helper pulling outwards on the wheel/brake disk/hub to give enough slack to remove the driveshaft.

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, similar issue as I cannot get my offside seal to seal. I've done the nearside OK and it doesn't leak now. But on the offside, there is some play in the output shalf which seems to be due to the planetry gears of the diff rather than the outer bearings controlled by the castlated nut. Any one had any experience of this - is this play adjustable within the diff????

Ta for any advice

Gav

• 3 weeks later...

Ok spent most of the Easter break doing a bunch of jobs on the car. Got the drive shaft seals done yipee!! We jacked the car on stands and undid the top suspension bolts, drived the pins out and pulled them free of the box no problem and of course finished one side at a time. The hardest part was extracting the dust seals they were like super glued in or something took ages prying them out, the o-ring was easy. The confusing thing was the dust seals that came out of the car were the same dimensions and both black rather than the brown black combo put back in there, so who knows?? After letting everything set and filling the box to correct level I was nervous taking it for a spin to see if our workmanship was up to scratch!! Well it isnt leaking yet :( Fingers crossed :(

350.gifNo.23