Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tool kit? where can I get one - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tool kit? where can I get one

I hve just been looking through the hand book and see that I should have a tool kit in the car. What has this got in it? and where can I get one? Thanks as always? its a 1988 Turbo

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are probably best getting an extendable wheel nut wrench from Halfrauds or the like. I think the jack is just a scissor jack and you may be able to fing one in a scarp yard. I doubt Lotus would have gone to the trouble to get one especially made but i could be wrong. My car hasn't got a tool kit either so i've taken the spare wheel (saves weight and makes the steering slightly lighter) out and just keep a puncture repair kit and my AA card.

The tool kit is actually rather basic....fuses, screw drivers and wrench/ sockets. Nothing you couldn't get at your local auto parts store.

It is more of a cosmetic accessory than anything. Now the floor jack is another thing. If you don't have that, then I would not hesitate to buy one. The Lotus one is in the parts sale right now for a reasonable price. But when I received mine it was not like the original...I think it is the V8 version of the jack. Looking at how it works itis a better design.

If I remember correctly the tool kit that I got with my original 88 was a plastic box, mounted on top of the battery. A little strap held it in, it had fuses, and a couple of Lucas Green handle screw drivers as well as a double sided spanner/wrench with a 13 and 10 mm end on it. I want one just to return my new 88 to complete stock. I am looking for a toolkit, jack and a wind deflector and bag, all farely useless . . but cool and make the car era correct . . .

If I remember correctly the tool kit that I got with my original 88 was a plastic box, mounted on top of the battery. A little strap held it in, it had fuses, and a couple of Lucas Green handle screw drivers as well as a double sided spanner/wrench with a 13 and 10 mm end on it. I want one just to return my new 88 to complete stock. I am looking for a toolkit, jack and a wind deflector and bag, all farely useless . . but cool and make the car era correct . . .

Thanks for the replies

Yes thats the one, I have the jack but came across the tool box in the manual. I'm also keeping an eye out for a wind deflector and bag.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"