Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Repairs, repairs repairs... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Repairs, repairs repairs...

I was asked why my car was off the road and unfortunately my list just grew. It's over at lotus Sport and the list looks like this.

Slave Cylinder

Throttle Jack Actuator

Idle Air Control Valve

New Plug Leads

2 x Cam Cover Gaskets

New Alternator

o/s/r wheel bearing

o/s engine mount

Fuse box (snapped off)

I gather that this may hurt my pocket a little.... :P

just thought i'd keep you updated....pass me a tissue...... :crybaby:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony,

I know how you feel. I'm checking my car in for the C-Service on Saturday. I've had a whiff of petrol in the garage, so may have to have a tank exchanged as well. So I'd buy you a drink to commiserate with you if I thought I'd have some money left to buy it. Will have to save a few pence so I can afford a few beverages at Donington.

Regards,

Peter.

If it's any consolation the Timeshare's going in for a more permanent clutch hydraulics fix i.e. master/slave cylinder refurb/replacement + that pesky red hose is finally getting binned, oh and an A service.

Suspension upgrade put on hold pending further piggy bank inspection.

Slave Cylinder - not uncommon, had one on each of mine go, usually the seals scrape on the rust build up.

Throttle Jack Actuator - Bin it, sounds like the exhaust backpressure valve is still on then ? Once yo take this off you dont need the throttle jack, Mod is on LEW, common on the 'to do list' of many older cars.

Idle Air Control Valve - not a huge deal, plug and play.

New Plug Leads - again, not a huge deal

2 x Cam Cover Gaskets - there's ya oil leak then, yet again not a huge deal really, my GT3 weeps out of these so it's not unusual.

New Alternator - ahhh....

o/s/r wheel bearing - bearing, can go at any time after a few 10,000 miles

o/s engine mount - yeah mines gone too on both, should get around to it really

Fuse box (snapped off) - oo err

Nothing major there really, usually that'd be spead along the years but sounds as if someone didn't keep upto date with their checks before you had it. At least you're getting the jobs done and it should be a clean car once you get it all sorted.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Just catching up after a couple of days away, what a topic to read first.

How the ....... heck did you break the fuse box off?

As picked up on by Pete (mr.oogieboogie), brakes not on the list, is that conscious choice, forced change of plan due to more immediate issues, or you forgot?

Andy

Mine's ok, thanks

I usually find that something breaks if I make a comment like that - often expensive :X

These things always mount up. I had to change the speedo drive on the TVR. Discovered that some clown had run all the alarm wiring through the same hole so the cable couldnt come out - had to cut a bigger hole. Then discovered that the (1 piece) exhaust system had to come off to get to the drive output on the gearbox.

While removing the cable discovered that the brazing on the coolant swirl tank had cracked. Drain system and discover lots of cr@p in rad, reverse flush rad. Remove swirl tank, rebraze and change a load of hoses that had to be cut off. Refill and get airlocks out and road test.

Speedo not working at all :fun:

Drop exhaust system again and discover that its quite easy to misalign the cable inner drive.....

Not forgetting the singalong chorus of:

"Jack it up - let it down,

Jack it up - let it down,

Jack it up - let it down,

Jack it up - let it down"

:X

Andy. Brakes were done last month. New Discs and Calipers.....owch. Regarding the brake lines Lotus said they were fine, so that saved me some dough. They also saved me some money by finding my gear change problems, which were linked a. to the slave cylinder leaking and b. to a seized bearing.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

C'mon Tony - I am holding my breath over the unknown cost of a replacement head this weekend. Maybe you will hear the scream from over there.... :X

I broke the news to the missus tonight... :X Ahh the good 'ol couch...

Iain

I do my maintenance along aerospace lines..."acceptable deferred defects" can cover a multitude of stuff!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I broke the bad news to the Mrs last night:

"Honey my cars up swanny and I need to repair it to get it back on the road"

"Really? How much?"

"Are you sitting comfortably?"

"Oh God I hate that car so much....go on...."

"

My list was at 50 plus jobs since owning my car, but I think you may be beating me Tony! I know labour cost wise you are, ouch!

My other half is the same, "There's a part I need for the Esprit." Her: "More expense!" And I'm only buying parts, no labour cost incured!

I know the coming year I will be spending more on items needing replacing:

All front main lights

There's front lights in the parts sale offers I sent you Owen.

There's front lights in the parts sale offers I sent you Owen.

I did see some, but I don't think they are our model of car, they were 5 3/4" our cars are 6" lights, all the main lights. They aren't different sizes on G cars, but I did see pod pivots so will get some of them.

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Oh Tony

what a luck and Sound rather expensive :X !!

"Slave Cylinder

Throttle Jack Actuator

Idle Air Control Valve

New Plug Leads

2 x Cam Cover Gaskets

New Alternator

o/s/r wheel bearing

o/s engine mount

Fuse box (snapped off)"

Maybe you should buy some spare parts like IAC, plug leads (sales ?) , O2sensor and on .. on .... :X

Have a nice weekend !

Y.Hotta

Aw Crap..........I am so dead :X ...............erm....hi honey.................. :X

Bibs, you are a total and utter basted!