Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The worst driver - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The worst driver

• Gold FFM

On the M25 this afternoon. Was on a stretch with 5 lanes. I couldn't help but undertake a young girl who was in the far right hand outside lane (5th lane) in a Fiat Panda doing no more than 40 mph, on her own, in her car reading a book. Yes a book, not a map, a book as all three cars with me saw the same thing. Totally oblivious to any other trafic, people flashing lights and tooting horns. Unbelievable!

Where are the trafic Police when you need one.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnD

They're all over. Here in the states I was behind a woman traveling slow on the interstate highway. This is in the middle of a congested area (South Florida). I see her keep leaning over to the passenger seat. I finally got around and the car had a real estate sign on it. She was leaning over and checking things on a laptop that was sitting on the passenger seat. Freakin amazing.

JohnD

Not trying to put to much of a woman slant on things because i know some men must do stupid things in the car as well....... but on the way to work in the morning, there are about 4 women i see regularly who do there make up while the trafic is moving slowly!!!!

Im not talking about a couple of seconds here im talking the full works.... looking in the sun visor mirror, holding the make up with one hand while putting it on with the other and moving along with the trafic at the same time :)

I have even seen one of them with her head over to the side with a mobile stuck on her shoulder at the same time.....If it wasnt so dangerous i would be mega impressed.

Well they say women are multi tasking!!!

Wouldnt like to be in their shoes if one of them knocked my kids down on their way to school tho !

Way back when I used to spend most days pounding up and down Britain's motorways visiting clients. 40,000 miles/year meant I saw a fair few motorists doing some pretty daft things. In addition to the 'usual' make-up, map/document reading, writing, dictation etc also witnessed some slightly more unusual. Laptop use, shaving, putting on a tie, jacket removal, changing shoes and eating with cutlery being a few that readily spring to mind.

Went on my Drivers awareness course recently, there were quite a lot on the course and we had to double up and went out with an ex Bike Copper. The girl who came with me nearly killed us both on the way back to the centre.She turned right into on coming traffic,the other car stopped with only with only inches to spare :)

The copper never said a word ( IDID )

Hanging to this topic with a thread - I had a bad end to my day today on the roads. We went down to the coast for a cheap day out, sandwiches in the cooler etc.

On the way home, I think I got flashed from a traffic camera hiding in the bushes on a motorway section in a transitionary zone from 90 to 100 km/h. I was doing about 95ish, so $150 ticket on its way. 'So unsafe' of me, so I am the world's second worst driver :)

Rotten sting to a meagre day out.

Iain

I did a contractors fire training course at Newcastle Airport last month...you have to take your vehicle across to the airport fire station which is pretty close to the runway...when the course was finished we were told NOT to drive through the FLASHING RED LIGHTS and NO ENTRY SIGNS that lead onto the RUNWAY, as some lady did when leaving the fire station a few weeks previously....she had to be chased up the runway by the fire officers...apparently air traffic control werent too happy! :)

Edited by Hippo18

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

Swung on to the road out from my garage one day last year, only to see a huge SUV in full reverse coming at me. Sat on the horn button and blinked my lights but to no avail. She (well yes, a woman 50-something) slammed into me, crumpling my front. 1700 pound repair. Never once did she look in the rear view mirror, reversing say over 70 feet up our road at a fair speed. Lucky she did not hit a kid, area is full of them including mine.

I was driving my Audi, luckily not the Esprit.

Filling out the damage form, she was totally indifferent...like she was filling out a pizza order! ...and she was much too straight of a middle-class-housewife to be high and did not smell of booze.

So many downright stupid people. Why are they allowed a driver's license? Why are they allowed to vote???

Clarkson had a hilarious chronicle about the subject (The World According to Clarkson)

lo.jpg

This way to ship models! http://www.modelship...user-index.html

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg

Dropped my sons off to go on a trip to Derbyshire today, and parents were parked everywhere!

Standing in the assembly area I can smell really strong Alcohol smell from first one lady then another bloke. When the kids had gone I noticed they are both parked on the same road as me. I followed one into the City. Driving the day after is bad enough (I'm sure many of us have done it) but driving your kids?

On another note I drove my Esprit out of the City 2 weeks or so ago and coming off the roundabout at Thickthorn put my foot down to feel that familiar surge, only for an older lady (mid 40-s to 50's) to pull out into the fast lane. There was no one infront of her and she was looking in her mirrors constantly so I just assumed she'd done it because I was accelerating quickly (It's not illegal to accelerate quickly within the speed limits).

This was confirmed after I over took her (she was doing about 50) and she flashed her lights at me and mouthed "Slow Down"....I must admit to slowing right down to 40 and then blocking her in the fast lane, when she tried to overtake me, then with a cheery wave and a smile drove off!

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

OUr road is a nightmare as we have a school at the bottom of it that my daughter goes to. One criteria for entry into school is living within one mile so why on why is everyone in a car!!!!!

I also came across a guy actually marking school books whilst driving the other day. this was 9.30 so it wasn't stationary traffic, he was doing about 30-40mph on a dual carriageway in the centre of Birmingham.

And then of course there is the rest of the world trying to kill me on my scooter!!!!

Much the same Kylie, we have a few women only insurance companies as well purely for that reason. In fact, last year, when Bibs added me to his insurance it actually brought the premium down :)

Don't get me wrong I've seen women putting on their make-up in the morning (I have at least an hour of crawling to get to work) but for everyone of those I see, I see 2/3 men reading a newspaper or suchlike.

Quite often I'll see stationary vans with a huge gap in front of them where the traffic has gradually crept forward. Once I've passed them & looked back it's normally some guy with a paper spread over his steering wheel who's not bothered to look up for the last ten mins. Of course, then there's the guys that are sound asleep in their vans as well!

Wow I feel sorry for your attitudes towards women your still in the dark ages or what!! :)

Misogyny on a male dominated forum, is it such a surprise?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Female insurance was cheaper but not sure what the comparisson is now!!

I liken Women drivers to OAP's. They don't have accidents. Those are things that happen "Around" them, not to them. :)

Run Tony Run................................

(I am just messing about)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

:)

Just remember you boys think you wear the pants in the relationship, but we choose them....... :)

based on the difference in salaries (upto 30% difference in favor of men) we probably paid for them

but seriously I share mine with my Boyfriend ^_^