Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'm looking for a blank ignition key - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I'm looking for a blank ignition key

Hi there,

As I only have one start/ignition key, I want to have a second one. So I need to make me make a double of key. The "key maker" need to have a blank key, to produce a double from the one I have. Is there somebody with an idea of the best place to buy this kind of blank key?

(I'm in France)

Thank you.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ifthey are the same as the older model ie a 1988 stevens then it is the same blank as an old Land rover defender, if you post a picture I'll confirm it.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Ifthey are the same as the older model ie a 1988 stevens then it is the same blank as an old Land rover defender, if you post a picture I'll confirm it.

The two sides of my key on the same picture :

cleli5.jpg

Jean,

The key on my 1997 V8 Esprit is a Vauxhall/Opel key (same as my wife's 1994 Calibra key). I wouldn't expect it difficult to get a 'blank' and have it cut.

Regards,

Peter.

Hi there,

As I only have one start/ignition key, I want to have a second one. So I need to make me make a double of key. The "key maker" need to have a blank key, to produce a double from the one I have. Is there somebody with an idea of the best place to buy this kind of blank key?

(I'm in France)

Thank you.

The two sides of my key on the same picture :

cleli5.jpg

Nope totally different to what I have sorry.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Jean,

The key on my 1997 V8 Esprit is a Vauxhall/Opel key (same as my wife's 1994 Calibra key). I wouldn't expect it difficult to get a 'blank' and have it cut.

Regards,

Peter.

That's interessant. I'll go to an Open dealer with my key, to ask to the seller.

Thank you.

That is the same key I have for my US S4s, and the correct blank is from a Saab 9000...it is a "security key" and will need special cutting with what I was told was a "laser cutter", but the blanks were only about $15 if you search around and buy the blank online. It won't have the led light in the key though....not sure where to get an exact duplicate of that.

This link shows the same style cut....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-Saab-9...p3286.m20.l1116

and the blank.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-SAAB-SI...tem290214209001

Edited by Paul93Lotus

• Gold FFM

wasn't Saab part of the GM-group in the nineties ?! So there is no wounder why it is all the same stuff... .

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..