Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Show off your Esprit Day (II)... - Page 3 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Show off your Esprit Day (II)...

SE Owner :-D

Yes sun all day James :yes couldn't believe it when I got up this morning and saw a blue sky it was pissing down here last night, I guess it was moving east !!!.

So how many times did we go round the roundabout then ? Bet the Ferrari place was pleased :) especialy when we left in a pool of tyre smoke and enough exhaust noise to shater most of their front windows :ermm: .

Great day out hope all the kids enjoyed themselves :)

Martyn :)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger

What a brilliant day, my daughter and I loved it.

Got some really good video footage on which I have made a 10 min type movie.

The you-tube link is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-gOsZxwFMG8

Sorry for the quality (On you tube), the full size version is DVD quality

(Rog, I will post you a DVD copy, should you need to show it at school)

If anyone else would like a copy, let me know, I have only about 2-3 blank DVD discs left. (first come first serve)

Sorry I had to leave a little early today, my daughter had a party to go to in the afternoon

Shame I missed out on the final line up picture, can some one email me the original & I'll superimpose my car in.

GT3-jonny :)

• Gold FFM

Memememe! Nice vid, Jon - would love a copy. :)

Might be worth waiting a bit to Photoshop your car in - there's a 5-pic hi-res panoramic stitch in production at the moment, nearly 8000 pixels wide. It looks really nice!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Nice video GT3 Johnny, what is the size of the actual file? I could place it on my online server for people to download.

Gavman

Lotus Esprit Turbo Chargecooler SE 1991

Morning Gavin

The file is over 650 meg, split up in BUP, IFO & VOB file formats, which combined, work like a normal DVD disc and will play on a standard home DVD player.

I could post you a disc if you would like to try and covert / store for downloading. (PM me your address details)

(If Gavman wants a disc, I now have 1 more disc left)

GT3-jonny

Edited by GT3 jonny

Well done Roger and your school class. It was an enjoyable family day out in brilliant weather.

Lots of pictures of the day, will sort one or two to link but here is your glorious beast in the sunshine.

2560333439_e207a954b9_b.jpg

2561142806_bb37cb267e_b.jpg

A big thanks to all the LEF gang for making it a good hoon out. Nice to meet new people and see new esprits. Bazza it looked cool you truning up in your Essex and your wife in here Elise (both with nippers in aswell B) )

Jonny, great video too. Can you edit the Bibs benny hill clip on its own and post that on youtube its hilarious!?

Will add some more detail later. Need to powernap this pm,

Alex

nice pics Alex , look like you all had a great day out, but I have top ask why are there so many pics of bibs' bottom?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

To everyone who supported me yesterday - i really cannot thank you all enough.

But THANK YOU.

After waking up early with a slightly numb head from an over indulgence of melon balls and 'garden flaring' my nerves and state of panic was reaching a crescendo.

The morning flew past until the first of my new LEF friends appeared: Sparky and Mrs Sparky and Gavman. Sweet cars guys, nice to meet you all and brilliant you could come to the house. Soon after, 'Film Director' Jon and little scooter princess turn up in the 2nd GT3 now in attendance down my road.

Along came an old friend whom it is always a pleasure to see - Cliff with what is the mintiest G-car on the planet and a printer to donate to school. All of us admiring Cliff's beauty together with Alex's Stealth GT3 and Bibs's Angry SE 'docked' on my drive - the neighbours knew something special was going on. But where was the fastest Esprit on the forum?

There is no real explanation as to why after 6 months my beast arrived at 10:00 ish still with a boot full of bits i thought had been fitted months ago but at least it ran and it was there. Cheers.

Let the fun commence.

With Bibs buzzing all over my backside like a big black angry ASBO crazed loon and Jonny driving with his hand out of the window filming the hoon i led the aforementioned down the A30.

It wasn't long before Bazza rang to say that his family and Martin V were at Maranellos waiting as we were late already - the weather was great and all the cars looked awesome.

Pulling into the Ferrari dealers we had become seperated and a minute or two after Alex/Sam and Jonny arrived there was a stunning line up of Esprits parked up in the Maranello Car Park including Andy in his S4 just there to say hello.

The Ferrari staff strained not to look at an Esprit (and Elise) collection as impressive as ours and it wasn't long before we were pulling out to leave very slowly...With camerman on road we cruised toward the first roundabout. Circling it several times we managed to get everyone back in convoy before the final hoon to the school.

Arriving to camermen and crazed children was extremely moving and i felt proud. Very proud. Proud of all my LEF friends and their cars, proud of the Esprit, especially mine, proud of the parents, proud of the PTA and most all proud of my class and the children at school.

You all made a fantastic day to remember and watching Jonny's video had Sam and I close to tears with emotion.

We raised

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

nice pics Alex , look like you all had a great day out, but I have top ask why are there so many pics of bibs\' bottom?

Pictures of Bibs...... :blush:

we wondered who the curvy blond girl was laying on the grass??!! :rofl:2561192852_98cb7f829b.jpg

Edited by Alex --GT3--

• Gold FFM

If that's a curvy blonde girl, then I'm coming out of the closet. :blush:

So glad it went well, Roger. And thanks to Sam for the bacon sarnie!

Chris and I have been tied up fixing his motor today. I have every confidence he'll be posting the videos soon...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Roger & Sam

just read your last thread (LOL)

It was a pleasure guys, my daughter loved it. (So did I)

Sam/Rog, good luck in a couple of weeks or so.

All the best

GT3-Jonny (And mini gt3-jonny [Emma])

DVD in the post, first thing tomorrow.

I have been told there was a 'Jussi' experience! is this true??

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

DSCF1554.jpg

No, looked a bit like David Bellamy......someone had told him that there was some very rare ' Lotus' at Rog's school and he thought they meant flowers. :blush:

Here are some piccys

Slideshow 1

Slideshow 2

Many thanks to Rog & Sam for the bacon sandwich and coffee, and Laura for making them. Great to see everyone and join in the good cause.

ps

Thanks for the comments on the ‘hc’, have passed them on and she is currently blushing red with embarrassment, if that is possible!!!

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Hi Guys,

I've finally finished hammering the photos into some sort of order and got them up onto my website. I've also taken the opportunity to put in a top level page from which both the Buckland School and the Goodwood galleries can be accessed. Further Lotus galleries may be added in the same place in future.

Thanks go to Tracy for the 'in car' shots and Gary for the photos from Rogers place and the Dance display pictures. As far as the 'Formation' shots are concerned, you'll notice that there are a lot of overlapping views which Gary and I have a lot of work to do on to get them into acceptable panoramic formats. These will appear in due course..... I'm not making excuses, just telling you how it is.

When you get to the Movies gallery you will see a couple of duplicates. I've put up both large and small versions of the 'A30 Cruise' and the 'School Arrival'. Those with well hung systems, or should I say high capacity feeds, or even those of you with plenty of patience can enjoy the videos at full size rather than the postage stamp versions.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings... here's where to find them

Lotus outing photos (aka:- www.wookiecj.com/lotus)

Enjoy!

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Hi Chris,

thats a smart collect of pictures and videos there. The one of my green esprit pulling into the Maserati / Fezza garage really shows the Larini off well. And the esprit drive past on the dual carriage way looks cool.

Nice one B)

Alex

Nice photo's there :laser:

when i ment a Jussi moment, i ment 'Jussi 2' :welcome:

A little bird told me someone left behind at Rogers and Sam's

DSC_5257.jpg

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Some fantastic pictures and wonderful memories guys.

Thank you Chris for your professional photography on the day - first class.

Cliff some lovely pics there too.

Jonny got the DVD - thanks a million mate.

I think what i like best is that all of you guys were so obliging with the kids pawing and oogling your wonderful cars, and allowing them seats and blowing horns.

David 'the skinny little urchin' said 'Saturday was the best day of my life...'

I was made up.

Also when Alex said 'Rog, your beast with them wheels just says move out of the way...i'm coming through'

Love that.

Cheers all.

Lets meet up and hoon VERY soon,

Rog

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• Gold FFM

I could be there in about 45 minutes...

Thanks for them Bibs,

Partuicularly liked the shot of my over-desk shrine.

I will put up the Esprit/Warhol tribute art my class are currently working on.

Rog

SLEG_Rog.jpg

They put your car first mate in a recent class straw poll.

Then came the Mrs Bazza Elise!!!!!!!

Flipping detention all week!!!

SLEG_Rog.jpg