Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
REPLACING FUEL PUMPS ON A 1987 TURBO HCI - Fuel System/Carbs - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

REPLACING FUEL PUMPS ON A 1987 TURBO HCI

nanardos

Hi ,

It seems that I am going to have to replace at least one of the fuel

pumps on my 1987 Esprit Turbo HCI.

I went under the car and I could not see the pumps.

It seems that I will have to remove the black plastic protection.

Has anyone replaced a fuel pump before, any advice ?

Regards

Nanardos

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its the same as the low comp and I cant imagine it wouldn't be then yes.

Remove the undertray and then you will see it bolted to the body on the left hand side, easy to see and change once you have the undertray off.

I believe that there is even a walk through on LEW somewhere if you search for it.

Edited by Splashout

I have an 87 HCI. Remove the bottom "difuser" (the black glass panel). The two pumps are below the right side fuel tank mounted on rubber isolators. You'll see the fuel filter and accumulator as well.

Is the car running? Have you checked both fuel pump fuses? If neither pump is running check the interia roll over switch and the RPM relay as well.

Hi,

I have just replaced the secondary "pressure" fuel pump but it hasn't done any change.

The primary "feeding" pump fuses blows as soon as I accelerate.

may be I should replace it too ?

What is the interia roll over switch

and where is the RPM relay, please ?

Regards

Nanardos

The fuse is there to protect the wiring and the pump. The fuse blows out because of to much current. The cause of this can be a wiring problem or the pump is on its way out. If the pump wears out it start to use more current until the fuse blows.

Another problem can be (depending on what kind of pump it is), that there is a blockage on the pressure side of the pump which causes the pump to use more power and thus more current.

Freek

Edited by fjmuurling

Esprit Freak