Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alarm LED / FOB key Socket - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Alarm LED / FOB key Socket

I'm installing a new alarm system in my car and Im wondering about the best placement of the LED/FOB key socket. I don't like to drill holes in the leather covered parts. I thought of placing the thing in the centre tunnel top compartment where it is nicely concealed but than it is not visible from the outside. If anyone of you have any good ideas I'm all ears. The diameter of the thing is 15 mm.

post-721-1207473967.jpg

Freek

Esprit Freak

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Freek,

I don't know how your console is outfitted, on my SE the alarm warning LED is fitted in the padded leather panel above the stereo. See photo. I have replaced the original Cobra LED twice, the one on the pic is the second one which is 12 mm in max diameter. I have recently replaced it again with a proper 16 mm classic panel light from Holden . No photo yet but it looks way cool, and the 16 mm is just right.

lo.jpg

This way to ship models! http://www.modelship...user-index.html

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg

Thanks for your idea Atle, however I have an equilizer fitted in that part which consumes the whole panel so I can not fit it overthere. I was also thinking of installing the LED in the doorpanel where the mirror/window switches are located but the righthand side is already quite crowded and the left hand side is out of reach from the driverside so I haven't made up my mind yet.

Freek

Esprit Freak