Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Owner's Manual - Misc including parts cross references - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Owner's Manual

Fairly new to the forum (about 3 weeks). My '99 came with a '96 owner's manual. Don't know if Lotus was just trying to save printing costs or if that's all the previous owner (whom I've not met---car was purchased from a dealer, and they claim that's the only manual they received with the vehicle) was provided. Anyway I keep hearing references to PDF's. Where are the "links"? Are there any for the complete maintenance manual? There are obviously differences between the two model years (instrumentation in particular), and I'd really like to get my hands on the more recent manuals, owner's or maintenance. Thanks for any assistance/tips.

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Dave. Even with the dollar sinking like a stone against the pound that seems like a great "investment". I assume there is a link on the forum to join. (probably stareing me in the face on each page)

John

John,

Try clicking on Lotus Esprit World at the bottom of the page. There's a link there to Club Esprit.

Cheers,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

As far as I know Club LEW only has the parts lists, not the service notes or owner manuals. I don't think the owners manual is available anywhere as a pdf (legit or not)...

My 98 came with the revised manual (print date 97) for the 98MY. It covers Euro and US spec cars in both RHD and LHD (as well as the GT3).

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

As far as I know Club LEW only has the parts lists, not the service notes or owner manuals. I don't think the owners manual is available anywhere as a pdf (legit or not)...

My 98 came with the revised manual (print date 97) for the 98MY. It covers Euro and US spec cars in both RHD and LHD (as well as the GT3).

Rats! ("don't shoot the messenger", eh?) Any chance of scanning the page describing the binacle "idiot lights" ? Most come on at startup, and are pretty much self explanatory, but I suspect that there are a few "sleepers" there as well.

Thanks, Neal.

John

John,

Try clicking on Lotus Esprit World at the bottom of the page. There's a link there to Club Esprit.

Cheers,

Graham.

Thanks, Graham. I'll have a look.

John

Thanks for the link, Freek (there HAS to be a story behind that moniker!)

John

• 1 month later...

Hi give me your chassis number and i'll check out what book you need. Altho your book may seem to be 3 yrs older than the car the actual gap may not be that long.....????

The part number for a 96 V8 handbook is AC82T0324J, you should see this reference on Page 1, thats the page with the Car picture on it.

We do have 7 in stock so if there was a particular piece of info you wanted you could have a scan of that page to help you.

Good luck

Gooner.

Parts Supplying Lotus God

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gooner. Neal sent me scans of the "telltales" pages from his manual. Just out of curiosity, do you have the 1999 MY owner's manual in stock? It's part # is identical to the one you show for the 1996 manual, except for one letter, the second one, being an "E". My suspicion is that the manual is actually a 1998 MY book (the first year for the new binnacle) for ALL subsequent years.

Regards,

John