Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fuel Prices - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuel Prices

I know that we have discussed this a while back and I want to keep this non political, but is anyone else finding themselves more worried about the cost of driving their Esprit, rather than maintaining it?

I read today that some Fuel stations are charging

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know what you mean kimbers...the esprit tanks are not exactly huge - but these days its about 60 quid :) to cram as much in (from empty on fumes)...quite frankly it takes the p155.... i cant see anyone in the States for example who would put up with a tank of gas for near on $120!!!!!!

god knows how much it must cost to fill up a repmobile?????

why is this country still putting up with everything costing a fortune? it really doesnt have to be this way...does it?

clearing off somewhere is looking more and more attractive every day....... :)

Edited by Bibs

Cheers - jim

best get used to paying through the nose for petrol and diesel these days, as its going to get worse and worse.

5 years ago, opec admitted reaching peak oil where the cost of extracting matched the cost of re-sale, after that it costs more to extract then to sell which meant the price is raised to reflect extraction costs.

do you realise there has been no new oil find in the past 8 years, and that daily global demand outstrips current production and barrelage.

its going to get worse and worse, to the point the 5hit is really going to hit the fan all over the world and the next wars are going to be around oil resources.

in the uk part of the emergency powers act that was run through states that all fuels held by civilians can be siezed by police, government and armed forces should it be deemed necessary and can also be take by use of force.

kimbers, ask your dad to put me down for a tesla please because thats what its going to come down to. but we better get a good supplu of grease and machine oil in as were still gonna need it!

like i said crime is rife in this country , but the biggest thieves are in the commons.

Edited by bigsi

Know exactly where you are coming from Kimbers.

Tracy and I were going to go on that Suffolk CL run last Sunday. Apart from the weather raining, the other reason was fuel for the Esprit. I'm trying to limit it to one fill up a month, I put over

Edited by OwenGT3

sorry must say thats stupid discussion again, we all know what and how much our cars eating, so for crying is little late. Question about future or any if? Its all simple math, i ve on it no problem, if dont ve why to buy car, or sale the car (bcs if no drive why to pay insurance, road tax, maintenance,...) and one drive in month, thats luxury ............ i m using esprit almost daily, so fuel price this leaves me cool.

its hard but its true :)

http://www.lotus-club.cz

lccz_banner.gif

Your 6 is my 12.

http://www.voodoo-world.cz

--------------------------------

The bit that bug's me about all the cost of oil and Opec claiming the cost of extraction is high, is the amount they loose. Hundreds of gallons of the stuff leaks into the north sea on a daily basis and is deemed 'an acceptable loss' due to the cost of repairing the pipe lines.

I dont thing it is too acceptable to loose this amount claiming its cost effective whilst the oil is becoming more difficult to find and we are bending over and taking it from behind in the petrol stations.

The amount that is 'lost' is staggering!

You forgot one other greedy "organisation" when fuel was 106 a litre, 67p of it was tax. I'd love to see what would happen if fuel was $12 a gallon in the states? I think the National Rifle Assoc would be out shooting politicians! :)

Now there's an idea!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

this guy has never been disproved, all his sources are reputable and has details from all of the major oil conferences and minuitues from closed meetings etc, its quite a read, includes articles from most major papers and new societies.

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/...nottheory.shtml

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/index.shtml#oil

its not conspiracy theory gone wild as none of his information has ever been disproved , but it makes for some interesting and startling reading, i read it for the post peak oil information, its good to at least be prepared in some sort of way, oil is running out theres no getting out of it, we live on a ball in space and the resources are finite, the will run out and then there will be total chaos as , we as a society are completely carbon dependent.

i had this chat on pistonheads as they were talking about a new fuel protest being organised very soon, which btw is mental

and BTW to anyone that hates gordy, just think you could have the other 2 in power than we are proper screwed and cameron & sdp are total hippies. they wont bring the price down eithier.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

what makes me laugh is that everyone will go out and fill their tanks and jerry cans now then not buy for a week or so, then when alls back to normal go on as normal, this is you have already bought what you would hae for that week anyway, so you have had no impact at all. now then i we didnt buy any fuel for a week, then that would be something.!

my point exactly si, OR, bit harsh is the haulage compaines up there prices en mass buy 50% and that will stop the food getting though etc etc,,,,now you have a massive issue.

what will happen is, ppl will just keep on buying it and using it as normal. its shit and i should feel bad i suppose, but i dont actually use that much fuel in theory. the big killer atm is china i belive

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

i see nicks reading the thread(stagowner) i think he can vouch that white cars are more slippery against the airflow hense they use less petrol as theres less air friction. lucky bugger.

so if we all paint our esprits white we can use less fuel!

Let's not forget that a significant proportion of the price of a litre is made up of TAX. Without that the cost would be extremely reasonable. Still it's not all bad. The other day I filled up with V-Power and received a free Ferrari - WOW!!! :)

Brendan

We do pay a slightly higher tax rate on fuel which is why it looks worse than it is. Duty is a fixed cost not a % but VAT is so when the fuel increases so does the relativity of the VAT.

I dont think a demonstration is a bad idea, to show all we're pished off with it but the real vilans in this game are OPEC and the state of the world economy - you have India and China developing like crazy and America worried about it's future as well.

The offset to that is that other luxury goods like PLasma TVs and so on from China have never been so cheap, however the cost of transporting them etc will increase sooner or later. A lot of food prices have already taken that hit.

The answer, and ONLY answer is to move on with different and intelligent fuel sources which America and George www.Bush has been trying to explain to the world who are really living in the stone age with regards to still buring fossil fuels.

Oh and if you're really serious about making a difference and not just here for the chat sign upto petrolprices.com and they send you data by e-mail on the petrol prices in your area so you can buy from the cheapest / most economic, whihc of course if everyone did, we wouldn't have much of a problem...

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I guess the high price of fuel is having the effect the government claim the tax is supposed to do and we are using our cars less.

However the government never use the running out of oil argument to justify high petrol tax, they always use global warming. This is total b*llocks. I am not saying global warming is b*llocks, just the tax argument. A couple of quick sums prove it.

If you do 10,000 miles a year in a car that does 30 to the gallon thats 333 gallons of fuel.

At

Edited by alan

I stay out in the country (my choice, so should expect extra costs) BUT!!

It's a 60 mile round trip to work plus any extra miles I do at weekends, shopping etc. Makes it normally 400ish miles a week.

Thats a tank of fuel at

Attempting to not get political as I have posted several issues and thoughts on the fuel/oil issue in the past - info from folks inside government and oil companies in some cases... all showing the level of bunk and folly...

I will offer this simple thought up for "Esprit kudos"...

I get a little better than 30mpg when on the hwy in my Esprit (What's that? What does Ferrari get again? For the record the 308GTS currently in my garage gets about 15mpg on the hwy)

Okay, not convenced... I'll put it another way... the Smart Car for Two recently introduced in the USA gets a reported 34mpg (not as good as the one in Europe)... So...

YEA!!!! My Esprit is an "eco friendly" green machine!!!! Hahahaha :)

Cameron

Edited by Autocross7

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

ULP here in Oz just hit $1.50 / L (0.70P) for the first time. As usual people are up in arms - a lot saying that if it hits $1.75 that they will sell their cars. People here in Oz don't realise how cheap the fuel is compared to the rest of the world (except the US). Heard on the radio yesterday that in the last 10 years price per barrel has gone from US$10 to US$100 / barrel. If that's the case what are we looking at in 2018... Most likely Au$15 / L or in your case

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Heard on the radio yesterday that in the last 10 years price per barrel has gone from US$10 to US$100 / barrel.

A barrel of oil is about $115 now. :)

And according to some guys I know in the oil industry it could hit $120 as early as next week :)

It is quite rediculous how fuel prices are going. During winter when I am driving in to University I spend about $400 a month on fuel. Summer is somewhat better as I just drive to work (4 miles away) and work insane hours, so don't go out that much. That being said, at least here and in Canada, there is going to have to be a major round of inflation going on to catch up. Diesel is now over $5 cdn per imp. gal. and those prices have all shot up like crazy in the past 6-9 months. That being said, the trucking industry is getting hit extremely hard and with that all prices for consumer goods are going to have to jump up alot. Everything is moved by truck these days and there is only so long drivers can be squeezed before they all cease shipping until pay is adjusted and that means everything is going to have to go up.

Okay, not convenced... I'll put it another way... the Smart Car for Two recently introduced in the USA gets a reported 34mpg (not as good as the one in Europe)... So...

You have to remember that on your side of the pond you have a different gallon to us. Our gallon is about 20% bigger so it makes our mpg look better / petrol prices worse.

The smart car is actually pretty poor in terms of mpg. Try a Mini Cooper D at 74mpg (60mpg on US gallons). The Toyota Prius hybrid claims 66mpg (53 US) but in tests few reviewers could get above 50mpg (40 US).

I think one of the problems is that car manufacturers are now designing cars to do well in the official fuel consumption tests rather than real world. In this real world test a 5 series BMW beat the Prius

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_...icle3552994.ece

Alan

Edited by alan

Hmm, the next week or so will be interesting to say the least with the North Sea pipeline being shut down - How long to start all that lot up again ?

Will there be shortages ? You bet. I've filled up lotti, and the boat, although at