Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Moment of madness - (the road to hell is 11 miles) - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Moment of madness - (the road to hell is 11 miles)

Caroline

Hi guys

Having finally quit smoking a couple of weeks ago, I thought it would be a great idea to enter myself for an 11 mile charity walk on the 18th May to raise money for hospices. Kent Messenger Charity Walk . So I was wondering if anyone fancied sponsoring me on what may be the last time I walk any further than from the front door to car :lol:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, that's great, :lol: I will be on a mission to complete the walk, the walk to school will be a breeze in the park after this.

Edited by Caroline

• Gold FFM

Same for me Caroline.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Caroline - have you had a look at Just Giving? Friends of mine have used it - makes it easy to collect the monies and they can even automatically reclaim gift aid on any eligible donations :)

Edited by Dan

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

put me down for a pound a mile too ..

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone that sponsored me.

I did the 11 mile walk yesterday and luckily the weather was good. There were plenty of hills and the walk lead us through alot of woodland and farmers fields.

2781939310101854257S500x500Q85.jpg

2660790430101854257S500x500Q85.jpg

2088868630101854257S500x500Q85.jpg

My knees felt like they were going to fall off last night, but it was worth it, I raised

Well done Caroline, excellent effort. :clap:

Which is you in the pic?

Await your PM with payment details!

Dave.

• Gold FFM

Good on you Caroline. I will try to remember to pass on my donation to Bibs at Castle Coombe to pass to Troy to pass to you ect ect, if he would be so kind.

Hope you've enjoyed a rest today then.

Ian :clap:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Well done Caroline :clap: bet you ached this morning! Got your PM, the cheque will be in the post tomorrow...

Dave - that's Caroline on the left :)

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

The other woman in the photo is Catherine (Katie), she does the walk every year and I got chatting to her as she was doing the walk on her own too. Turns out that she was born two days before me, and in the same hospital. How mad is that???