Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2008 Classic Car Show @ the NEC - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2008 Classic Car Show @ the NEC

We've been selected to exhibit at this year's Classic Car Show at the NEC in Birmingham.

http://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/index.php

There was a 200 club over-subscription so I'm really pleased we've been picked so let's make the most of it and show off our cars to the expected 50,000 as best we can. This is without doubt the largest show in the year. It's high time the Esprit was displayed in a manner befitting it's status as one of the UK's finest supercars and let's show the public how good these cars really are.

If possible, I'd like as many people to be able to help out. We'll need cars, staff, stand assemblers, merchadise sellers, all sorts. I'd like to make a real effort for LEF so I'd even be open to a sponsor to fund the stand rather than just cobbling something together. We also have PLI and other essentials to pay for and club funds don't cover such a large event so if anyone knows/owns a company that would benefit from the exposure, please put them in touch with me. I'm also after ideas. We've got 19m x 7m so a fair size space and something which will entertain, educate etc would be grand :lol:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NMEG country so I'm sure we'll be on hand to help.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Happy to help over the weekend and the car for display. If the last one was anything to go by it will be a real blast. :lol::P

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Consider me for car (White S3 Turbo), staff, stand assemblers, merchandise sellers, I can be there Friday through to Sunday.

Pretty handy with a screwdriver for the Friday, but limited on how many tools I can bring down :lol:

Hi Bibs,

Should be able to help and car available if you want her - by then will have Classic and Sportscar feature and, hopefully, some Wheeler Dealers video featuring the car that could be shown...

Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Brilliant, keep 'em coming guys.

If possible, to save some $ if anyone is able to offer accommodation close to the NEC for Laura and I that would be great too :lol:

Alex?

I'm Andy!

I presumed that it would be local people offering to help, or that individuals could sort out their own accommodation.

I'll change that to 'If anyone has any room that anyone could stay in' that would be grand if you could let us know :lol:

Hi Bibs Boss,

I am free that week/ weekend so ready to helpout, donate my car for the show, hump gear , fetch the coffees, etc etc

Pencil me dude for something. I am about an hours drive and people are welcome to stop at mine. Not specifically close but the offer is there

Its marked on the calendar

Alex

I will be available to help subject to work commitments etc...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Count me in Bibs, I will do what ever you need, less than an hour from the NEC. What about Esprit at the movies as a theme? Bond, Pretty Woman etc or is that a bit obvious? LDC had a very prefessional looking stand last year, but only 1 Esprit on it, so this is our big chance to shine.

^^^^ I think a stand like that would guarantee some media exposure too don't you think? There are plenty of white S1s, white Turbos and silver SEs, but who has a copper turbo??

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

That's a cracking idea, bagsy dressing up in a tux! :)

My idea was 'The Esprit through the Ages' with an S1, S3T, X180, Thompson car (late 4 or early V8) and final edition V8.

LDC do well with their stands as they are funded by a very generous millionaire, a feature LEF is lacking! :)

I thought you were a millionaire! :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I wish he was :)

Thanks for all the offers of help. Those that volunteered in the events help thread will no doubt be called upon to assist.

I quite like the ideas of a movie/Bond based stand, As Adrian said a theme and a bit of imagination can go a long way.

If anyone can help out with the graphics & deigning side of things then please knock yourself out and design away for something that can be put on to a banner/poster/etc.

Also, if anyone can help us out with things like display equipment, low level fencing to go around the stand etc then please don't keep it to yourself.

I'm in Boss. I'm pretty sure I can help from day 1 through to the end.

Lets try and get a real good selection of merchandise to sell on behalf of Lotus. Lots of pens mugs and cheaper end stuff is really good as it makes up for the kids etc. Maybe even get some LEF Mugs made up with an Esprit on them sort of like the window stickers?

Then of course some cheaper clothing lines (jumpers etc) and the good stuff as well! I remember at Stoneleigh 2 years ago Lotus sold

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

How about also displaying the Lotus engine in its normal state, partially assemebled, lest people see just what's under the skin of the Esprit?

Happy to assist in what ever way I can, I would plan to attend the event normally as a visitor.

Thanks for all the suggestions, funnily enough Kimbers I was just saying earlier today that if we go for the Bond theme anyone staffing the stand would have to wear a tux :) If we get a silver SE as well I expect to see you get your thigh high boots out and do your best Julia Roberts impression too (I've seen the pictures!).

If anyone can help turn these suggestions in to practical solutions it would be great, don't forget we're doing this on practically a

I'm sure Lotus would help with merchandise, stand and a display case (we can pitch it that we need the smaller bits and bobs to be secure!!).

Tux's etc not a problem for me, I have one. So no cost there.....also have the thigh boots but they're not mine honest! :)

Like you said much of the stand will require a socket (CC machine, display case, Kettle :) Promotional video of LEF at the least) so I would think that enough money to get this is a great start. Not sure where it will come from at present but we have enough time to raise some money somehow.

We could start to piece together some of the Viseo's on You tube, many of which are from members, but they are public domain (Vid of Bib's car with loud exhaust, Tony passing Ian, Ian on track at CC, etc etc). This would make a great reel into some other stuff.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

.....also have the thigh boots but they're not mine honest! :)

If the theme is "Esprits at the Movies" rather than "Esprits in Bond films" that means *someone* will have to do the old Sharon Stone thing... :)

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

the girlies seem a little backward at coming forward

The Sharon Stone idea is a great suggestion. :)

As for money raising, won't we have an ideal opportunity at the 60th Birthday bash?

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I'll need to check with Troy, but one way or another I'm likely to have a spare engine floating around. If the new one hasn't been fitted, but is ready it might serve as a good advertisement of what he can do too?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg