Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
East Midlands Esprit Group! - UK - East Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

East Midlands Esprit Group!

winners

Pete (Me Oogieboogie, Bo (Botus) and I have been wandering who else is in the Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield or Chesterfield region for a bit of a get together. We have tried to arrange a meet ,but Bo can't make it for 3 weeks and I am a wimp and can't get a pass this friday :shock: (Apparently if your 10 year old daughters been away all week you are expected to be around!)

Instead how many people are up for a gathering in this region, then perhapos we can set a date in the future.

Regards

Mark

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im up for it, i know there are a couple in the Chesterfield area as they were in the spotted section also a v8 for sale in the mansfield area

and im sure there will be at least one in the derby area. any ideas on location or times will be great only evening i cant do is Thursday (wife works late) and saturday morning pretty flexiable most of the time. my vote is for somewhere like the Hardwick inn its either a 14th or 15th century inn (at hardwick hall) 10 mins from jct 28 m1 and 5 mins from jct 29 m1 great pub, great food and the hall just above make for some photo backdrops great for the kids as it has a large back with trees to climb (well my crazy 4year old louis does or crazy louis as he is called) andteh lakes within walking distance of the inn

anyone interested please add to this post.

all the best

It's Oogies turn to boogie

Guys,

First of all congrats and good luck.

NMEG now meets monthly usually on a Sunday.

When we first started off we planned to meet every 6 to 8 weeks but things quickly snowballed.

It may not work for you, but we tend to set a date and venue and hopefully enough will turn up to make it happen. If you try and find a date that is good for everyone then you could be waiting months. Set a date a keep your fingers crossed.

Once you're up and running lets plan a joint NMEG/EMEG hoon into the Peak District..............we like the cheese shop in Hartington :shock:

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Yes what he said...

good luck guys

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

well i will be at hardwick with the wife and kids from around 3:30pm on Friday if anyone wants to come your are more than welcome i will be on the back, so just walk down the lh side of the pub, the food is great weather should be great. if you are unsure of what i look like i will wear the lotus watch (secret society) weather should be good.

you never thought of crashing the midlands lotus meet (think its theres not PH meet), they meet near donny services iirc, at a lovely looking place on a canal and the water runs under the place itself.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

cool, not too far away. hope the fix is not too expensive. looks like there is a good cross selection of esprits around this area lets set something up soon, open to suggestions (away next sunday - supercar sunday)

all the best

No not far at all !!! Unfortunately it's looking expensive !!!! But then you can't buy a Lotus and expect to pay Ford prices for parts can you !!!! Oh well ... when it's fixed everything should be OK !!!

Fingers crossed .........

No not far at all !!! Unfortunately it's looking expensive !!!! But then you can't buy a Lotus and expect to pay Ford prices for parts can you !!!! Oh well ... when it's fixed everything should be OK !!!

Fingers crossed .........

Hope it works out well, not too expensive!

I can't do this weekend either Pete, prob best waiting for Bo to come back and Paul to get back on the road.

Mark

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

no worries, been doing a bit of tarting up on the s4 painting the grills etc, will get around to having the wheels refurbed at the end of the month, not too sure what colour to have them done. then i will be getting round to replacing the all the headlights, oil change and start geting it ready for the mot later in the year then i must get a chip in it.

• 3 weeks later...

Guy's have i missed out on the 1st ever EMEG?!

If not then who fancy's meeting up this Sunday 29th June, Hardwick?

Karluk, I think C.L. meet mid week, once a month in Shardlow at a very nice converted mill/pub,

Edited by botus

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

hello Bo- glad your back and hope you had agood time, 1st meet ont been set-up (rad went on mine so i spent a couple of days the other week replacing it) im up for that any ideas on time anyone?