Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit price - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit price

George_D13

Hey everyone...i'm no lotus owner..but hopefully in the near future i'll get one =D so my question to all you guys is if you could help me telling me an average price that a 1987-1989 lotus esprit turbo cost...i saw one in an other city and didn't manage to get the number of the owner...i will get it though on how much he wants for it...but from your experience...how much is it worth...it had some exterior work to be fixed...some clutch problems........well its NOT a "new", nicely looked after car...

Thanx for any help :)

Edited by George_D13

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to LEF :)

Esprit values vary quite markedly from one country/continent to another. Tell us whereabouts in the world you're based and I'm sure someone local to you will be able to provide some guidance.

hehe i'm from cyprus....xD the problem is that esprits are rare here and people aren't really interested in old british sports cars...well the prices are fairly like in the UK...

*the car is sold by its owner...its not from a dealer*

Sounds like it needs some work George.

Welcome by the way.

I bought my S4 1993 for a bargain but they normally go around the

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

You drive on the same side as us, ever thought of buying one here and taking it there?

Cheap way would be to Ferry it to Spain, Ferry across to Italy and Italy to Greece/Cyprus.

Good advise that mate! :)

Sadly (as i own one) esprits of that year range are very good value over here,

and while rare, there are always a few about to chase after. Do you have a good

mechanic?

:P

Thanks Mate, I do try sometimes :)

As Paul says, a good mechanic and a proper mechanic as well, not a fitter or technician, one that can diagnose properly, is very important.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Hi George and welcome.

Your best bet would be to get yourself to the UK for 2-3 days and go do some viewings. There is always between 20-30 for sale at any one time combined on LEW, PHs and Ebay. They will be of differing ages and conditions so a viewing is usially best recomended combined with some passenger drives IMO.

Good luck

Ian

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Also (and this is a difficult one), you could let us know what ads you are looking at.

:)

It would be bad for you to make a trip to see a car that a few of our members have already

looked at and know of some problems or issues with the car. There is a risk that someone might

snap it up, or the seller might grab an easy UK sale, but many Esprits (especially those that have

been for sale for a while) have been visited or owned by a forum member that might know more

about them.

so 1st of all thanks everyone for your advise. So luckily i am willing to spend about 8-10K for the car. Now the car i'm currently looking at is from Cyprus...so it would be easy if the seller's price isn't more than this..and a trip to the UK now would be a bit difficult becauze i have to do my national service now =/ anw...ah yes..and i do have a good mechanic for a good inspection...