Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG Hoon - 13th July 2008 - Page 5 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG Hoon - 13th July 2008

Do you think that Guy would be interested in joining the AEG?

If there are no esprits at Strattons, do you think you could get us into classic team lotus - good photo opportunity!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about LEC, any takers?

Not me on this occassion Owen as I have a team in a kids football tournament at Histon. :)

Dave.

Hi,

I might sound like an old kill joy here, but I think what you are proposing is perhaps left to another outing when we have more time to view the other cars and not have an already planned schedule. I like most would love to have a local meet with loads of cars, chat to others, eat, drink and take photographs, but I wouldn't want a rushed visit. Perhaps we can arrange something later on, but I think for Sunday we should perhaps just stick to the plan. By the time we set off and have eaten lunch, time will be getting on, so to add another stop in the route, especially a not really planned one will distrupt the day.

Owen

I agree Owen, i was only joking when i said shall we sign Guy upto the AEG and i was just kidding when i said we should get some photos done at Strattons, to make it look like we had more members in attendance!

Lets stick to the plan!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Unfortunately I am now working on Sunday so I will not be able to make it :) Have a good day out though and I hope the weather stays dry for you. Hopefully see you at the next meeting.

Graeme.

Hi,

Sorry to here you can't make it Sunday, hopefully see you soon.

I'm going to phone tomorrow the Scole Inn and say to expect no more than 12 people, I know the list is nine people but I'm ever the optimists! If by some chance a 1000 more turn up, although I don't expect it as no one from SELOC has said anything and it's quiet regarding the other AEGer's I will let the Inn know. Brendan did let me know he's working so won't be able to make it and I don't think we have have heard from Andrew since Hethersett or seen him even though he works near to me.

Sundays bunch:

Simonf - G Turbo Esprit

Kimbers and daughter - S4 Esprit

Nifty - Esprit or Lotus 7

Owen & Tracy - Esprit GT3

Andy - Bits of every Esprit added together to make some hybrid monster Esprit!

James - Scooby

Charles - Esprit V8GT

Tracy has said that perhaps we might get to Scole Inn too early to have lunch, so we can meet at 10.30-11am, but perhaps take photos and mill around until 11.30 before setting off. I can't remember how long it did take, but no more than an hour to Scole, it's not far, we could also hang around in the pub car park taking more photo's before we go in and eat especially as it should be fine, they have a very large car park. Tracy can take some photo's for us so we are all in a group shot. If we leave gaps, move the cars around, I can change the colour of the cars and number plates in photoshop so it looks like we have about 30 cars in the group to rival the NMEG! :D

The weather is suppose to be good for Sunday, so excellent. I better get on with these maps now! I'm cleaning my car 'again' ready for Sunday, Andy will yours be shiney? :( I can taste the chips already!

Owen.

Where is Longwater ?

Keep off the straight and narrow

It's the retail Park aat the Bowthorpe turning of the Southern Bypass. Instead of going into the City take the turning before the City one on the roundabout. I'm going to go down to the bottom of that hill and turn left at the roundabout then left again at the next one. this brings you into the back of Pizza Hut and avoids the sharpe speed humps around Sainsburys.

My suggestion is we park in some quiet part of that huge car park.

Weather looks good. See you there.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Weather looks good?

You like rain then.

Bah.

Just been to Strattons to pick up some bits for the roof, wipers stopped working correctly on the way back so now to get the mechanism off from under the dash (if only I could fit under there nicely).

So I may be in the green tractor.

I am geniunely excited about tomorrow - i can't wait to get old essex blue down the road again - I have spent ages cleaning her and even put a new coil lead on yesterday, i hope that has sorted out my splutter but haven't tested her yet accept to make sure she runs, so tomorrow will be full of expectaition!!

Look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow!! :(

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Seeing as how it keeps raining today I may leave the clean until tomorrow morning. My wifes on nights so will wake me up at 7.30 when she gets in anyway.

As for the weather, the sunny day has moved on to Monday apparantly....DOH!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Think yourself lucky, I've just got back in the house and washed the grease off.

Today I have pulled the centre console and binnacle, removed the dash, removed the seat, sorted the wiper- I hope (the cause of the work), also swapped over the rev counter and bulb holder while the binnacle was out. That would have been a reasonable day's work on the Esprit outside, had it not been for the trip to Strattons and back this morning causing a late start.

So much for me having the idea, I'll pop to Strattons, pick up the bits for the sunroof, fit those then if it rains tomorrow I've not got lots of rattles all through the hoon.

See you (Norwich contingent) approx 10:30 in Longwater Retail park.

Andy

Sorry folks but I'm going to throw my toys out of the pram.

The parts for the Esprit eventually turned up this morning ... short of all the bits I need, and I don't seem to have cured the oil leak on the 7, only to be exaccerbated by the fact that it has now decided to fire on 3 cylinders only!!!

As a result, rather than having 2 cars at Kenninghall today I had to take the Landy.

So unfortunately I will not a have a car running for tomorrow either so I've agreed to help clear up after the fun day and then I'm going to do some field inspections and so I won't be joining you. I will however try to make the EALC on Monday instead ... in a Land Rover product of course :(

Sorry to let you down again !!

Edited by Nifty

Keep off the straight and narrow

One is a Lotus, one was designed by Lotus, what do you expect?

There are spares seats available in a couple if cars AFAIK if you wanted to come along, but I guess you will have to do what you've committed to do now.

Unless we see you/ hear from you tomorrow, see you Monday.

Andy

Seeing as how it keeps raining today I may leave the clean until tomorrow morning. My wifes on nights so will wake me up at 7.30 when she gets in anyway.

See, you need to get a carport Tony, then you can clean the car the evening before and not have to worry about rain. :( And I get a lay in!

Esprit001.jpg

Esprit002.jpg

Esprit003.jpg

Owen

Have a great day Charlie.

This is terrible for me, I had to get up early, and then go and wash the car (15 mins with bucket brush and detergent)- that's the car cleaning done for this quarter of a year.

Andy

Ow my head......Oh well, never got to clean her...still the rain did a good job...... :( See you soon...

Right lets get organised....Need: Water, Black Coffee, More headache tablets, Sunglasses....a life.

Cheers Andy - if you guys wre hanging around later I would aim to catch up.

Had a frantic few days getting the car ready - just had a cambelt service and MOT just before picking the new car up on Friday... seems a shame not to join in with you guys :D

kimbers - massive hangover here too - need some bacon eggs ad paracetamol :(

Well, a cracking day I would say....despite us not actually making it to Aldborough as Simon did his impression of the exploding Elan of rip.

Meeting up at Bowthorpe all of us (eventually) left for a cracking hoon down some lovely A and B roads, thoughtfully mapped by Owen with his normal aplomb. Up the A11 we went....brrmmmm....undertaking Owen and then quickly switching lane I nearly spun her again, and after a bit of a manic dual carraigeway drive we shot down the Lotus road and up a nearby B road towards Diss.

With Owens Map in hand we all watched him sail past the turning he had earlier said "Watch this turning it's a bit difficult to see" about. I turned off to see the rest blindly follow Owen into no mans land. After waiting for them to come back I found out Via James they had bypassed me and I then had a real cracking time catching them up at xxxmph down some brilliant lanes.

Pulling into Scole we pulled into the pub only to see lots of the wet stuff running out of Simons car.

Here we met Nifty, who it was nice to see again and While we ate at Scole Simons lovely Turbo quietly expired whilst the last of it's fluids soaked into the ground.

After finding out that the issue was not too serious, merely a worn through water pipe on a pulley (or something like that...) it was a bit late to carry on so we left him and James waiting for a low loader and scarpered back to Norwich up the A140....very frustratingly behind the slowest Alfa in East Anglia.

So ended the first AEG hoon.

Best Bits:

- Leaving half my rubber and the rest of them in smoke pulling away from the Hethel Road

- A fast Zap up the A11

- Catching the rest up on the B road

- Seeing all the faces of people and Kids as we passed them

- Sitting behind James Scooby and realising it sounds just like a bloke shouting "BWAAHHHHH!"as he put his foot down.

- Seeing everyone and their lovely cars and welcoming Andy in his Yellow GT3 to AEG.

Worst bits:

- Hangover from Hell

- Realising that playing ZZtop at full volume doesn't help it.

- Simons car expiring

- The prawn platter which was "Filo Pastry around King Prawns....PLATTER??? My Arse! It was a Prawn cocktail and not a particularly good one either!

- Realising that this may be my last hoon in my beloved car.

Hi,

It wasn't bad for a first proper organised hoon by the AEG group. Luckily we didn't leave on time from Longwater so were able to catch Andrew who made it at the last minute, two bright yellow GT3's. Longwater had a continual flow of traffic as mad Sunday shoppers pored in!

Andy's car sounded lovely as he opened her up as we went under the Thickthorn flyover with Kimbers in hot pursuit. Once leaving the A11 the hoon was going fine until the already mentioned over shoot of the junction I should have taken coming out of New Buckingham. :evil: Now I knew I had missed it and braked like hell with my ABS working very well, but unless I stopped and made everyone turn around I thought what the hell, there's sure to be another road further down we can cut across, which there was. It's amazing how many people just follow the leader regardless of being told a total different route, lambs to the slaughter!

As Kimbers has said, once at Scole Inn Simon's car decided to take a leak in front of everyone, so we had lunch and waited for the engine to cool before investigating. After lunch and sometime investigating it was getting on in the day so it was decided by all to not carry on the trip, especially with a man and car down.

Although the day was shorter than expected, Tracy (my wife) missed having her 99 sea side ice cream :) and I think it wasn't a bad day apart from Simon's little mishap, still nothing than can be fixed. I think it was great that we all got in front of that red Audi on the way back who came passed us all like a demon on the Scole bypass only to be taken on the roundabout by all four returning Esprits as he was sandwiched and couldn't get pass the slower car in front of him, even Andy came up from some distance to join the other three Esprits, loved it! :lol:

Owen

Some pics of the day.

AEG-Hoon_01.jpg

AEG-Hoon_02.jpg

AEG-Hoon_03.jpg

AEG-Hoon_04.jpg

AEG-Hoon_05.jpg

AEG-Hoon_06.jpg

AEG-Hoon_07.jpg

AEG-Hoon_08.jpg

AEG-Hoon_09.jpg

Edited by OwenGT3