Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Just bought a Mini - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Just bought a Mini

On sort of a whim (and $5 a gallon gas in California) I bought a Mini Cooper to run around in, and all I can say is WOW what an amazing car! It's truly like a go-kart and a total blast to drive.

post-87-1214667999.jpg

Edited by fmxa
Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're bonkers fun aren't they?!

Must admit I wasn't initially 100% convinced when my wife decided on a Cooper S a couple of years ago. One drive (and a play with a Focus ST) later and I was a complete convert :devil:

Yep ,

we traded a just 3 year old Range Rover in for a Cooper S 2 months ago,well ,I had to give them 2 grand as well but BOY WAS IT WORTH IT.My wife loves it!!!

Great cars and individual too. :devil:

• Gold FFM
Ohhhh...I thought you meant a mini :devil:

Nooo. We're talking about 'proper' Minis - not the ones that are too small, and you certainly don't want to be involved in any accident in one.

Proper ones - New ones, BMW ones :lol:

My daily drive 04 plate Mini is up to 173000 miles now - same gearbox, but one clutch and one engine.

Great fun cars. :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I know which one I'd rather have :devil:

The one that used to skin everything at the rallys and so on.

I mean the BMW is not really mini at all, it's like mini and a fair bit more.

Actually if I sell the GT2 this year I might actually sod getting another Elise and get a cooper or an old 1275 clubman for bombing around in - oversteer heaven !!!

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Now that picture of the old mini brought back memories! My best friends mum would pack 6 of us into her mini and drive for an hour to the beach in the summer heat. We'd be all sweaty, stuck to the vinyl seats and usually have ice cream all over us, but no one complained! If this was today, she'd be thrown in the clink for child endangerment!

Anyone else notice all old min's smells the same, it's that unmistakable smell of vinyl, old carpet and sweat!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Another Mini fan in this corner :devil:

Wife's starting to nag for a MINI Cooper S. Again.

Me - I've had four variants over the years including an original Cooper S and a fully customised van that Karl would have appreciated.

I still have my old Mini Clubman. Used it just about everyday as a daily driver for over 10 years, and never let me down no matter what I threw at it. Grin factor is huge in these things:) Still sitting in South Africa at the moment, and hoping to get it shipped over here to New Zealand before end of the year.

Used to have old mini's too!!

New mini's and old ones are siilar in a lot of ways but as a daily driver I'd rather have the new one. As a weekend toy I will build an old one with a civic type r engine one day!!!!!

The colour of the one in Jonathans picture is y fave!! Almond green!!!!

Had an ex-gas board mini van somebody had put windows in..and, after I'd finished, a full race 998 Cooper engine, cooper S wheels and spacers..did put hard linings in the drums, too! Had a steering wheel a little bit bigger than a CD; negotiating roundabouts involved turning the wheel left-right-left..no braking required. It was barmy. I was waved down several times by astounded other motorists wanting to know the story! Most fun for the least money I ever had.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Hi,

A owned a Status Mini replica for 15 years. It was the first ever one made, 001 on the log book and it was bloody quick being fibreglass. I had a 1275 with twin HS4's fitted and K&N air filters, I did buy a kent cam but never got round to fitting it. it wasn't a looker car, quiet rough and no interior, but I had a bucket seat and full harness seat belts. Also the trumpets where cut to lower the car an inch, so with the 3 inches out of the body dimensions she was a low Mini. I sold it on eBay for a

Edited by OwenGT3