Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
motor don't start HELP - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

motor don't start HELP

PHILDUFOUR

I have just refurbished my engine

new oil pump , new shell bearings etc

and my engine don' want restart

I have checked all the connections , and I don't know what checked again

may be to drain injection system ?

what are the first things to checked ?

Sorrey for my bad english ,

Thanks in advance

Phil

Sorrey for the photos

it's amistake

please could you help me for the method to checked my engine which don'start

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're asking a lot, without much detail but I'll give it a go mines carburator so I have no experience of fuel injection on an Esprit but the fundamentals are:

Fuel Pressure, last resort, pull the line off after the pump, turn on the ignition, if it sprays fuel everywhere we'll take it you have fuel. (Smoking whilst doing this is not recommended)

Find an old spark plug, rip off an electrode, put onto on of your plug leads try to start, if you see and hear a big fat blue spark jumping a 5mm gap we'll take it you have spark.

After that I'd be looking at timing, followed by air leaks.

Need to know if it starts at all, runs then stops, shakes off the mounts, all that stuff.

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

You would do well to purchase a cable from here

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/shop/

and running Freescan on your car. It will determine if any of the electrical systems on the car are not working and provide lots of other feedback that you and your mechanic can use.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Just curious, does that tell you much if the engine is not actually running?

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

When you turn the key to II it will tell you any fault codes, you can determine if the engine sensors are within parameters and you'll see if there are any glaring faults with sensors disconnected etc.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Pity I can't use one, but there is something rustic and appealing about Delortos and a distributor, besides I'd probably get dangerous if I chips to play with. I take it this guy has had the engine spining on the starter so if pistons haven't met valves yet, they're not going to, but we need more info to help. Roger

I HAVE FOUND THE REASON

IT's the pulleys

i have bought new pulleys but they are not at the right position

yellow dot instead of green dot like 104 mop

and my engine does nt work

thank you everybody to have help me

Phil