Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sport 300 Engine Bay Photo Request - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sport 300 Engine Bay Photo Request

Gents,

I've recently purchased a Sport 300 engine brace to retrofit into my Esprit. I'm seeking pictures of the Sport 300 engine bay, especially close ups showing the location where the mounts weld to the chassis.

The front left mount is of special interest; I'm trying to determine whether it can be installed w/o pulling the engine. You can post them or send me a PM and I'll reply with an e-mail address to which you can forward them.

Thanks!

M---

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet that makes pulling the engine out even MORE of a pain!

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

• 1 year later...
  • Gold FFM

I know this is an old thread - but... did you ever get this installed or find more photos of the brace ends?

if so - mind sharing?

I know this is an old thread - but... did you ever get this installed or find more photos of the brace ends?

if so - mind sharing?

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

• 3 months later...

In my files of research photo's i'm sure i have some pic's of a rolling chassis with enough deatails on to fit said brace, as i was going to fit one. Never did but should still have photo's if you still want info.

Let me know and i will dig them out and post for you.

Best regards

Dave

I'm not convinced adding one is needed especially for the effort involved. The Sport 300 had a hand laid body.

The 300 body wasn't as strong and rigid (or heavy) as the normal varimould bodies. Therefore where those vari bodies contribute about 40% extra torsional stiffness the 300 brace was required for that purpose instead. It ties the rear to the front of the engine box. Either the vari body or the 300 brace controls any twisting of the Y arms around the engine.

DanR

Pah... Shoulda gone with my first thoughts, I was going to go 100% with PNM but then thought, no, they have the stalls of parts on the sides.

Thinking again, Dave Walters V8 was on the stand with it too so it must have been PNM....

I'm sorry I got it wrong... Need to pay more attention next time! :(

Chunky Lover