IGNORED

Lost luggage

russellbosier

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure, but I would say the airport authorities were responsible for the luggage handling...

...at least they are also liable in case your baggage gets damaged.

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

• Gold FFM

Ah, something I know far too much about!

The carrier would have given him a baggage receipt normally in the form of a sticker attached to the ticket or boarding pass. It is the issuer of this receipt that is legally and financially responsible for damages arising from loss of luggage. It would be handy to know which airline this was, but generally the passenger is entitled to nominal daily expenses whilst luggage is missing, and compensation for contents (within reason) for full loss.

It's a thankless task chasing some airlines down for this, but they are ultimately responsible. Just be prepared to spend hours on the phone.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Hi Russell,

I had a similar experience flying from Paris to Liverpool and we lost our daughter's luggage. Unfortunately for us, we used this bag as the landry so it a few items of expensive clothing along with perfume and aftershave we bought on way out.

My daughter's case was a brand new gleaming white shiny shell with two huge lilac flowers on. Not something you see eveyday.

After a week, we got a call to say they found our bag. A courier dropped it off in our porch because we were out. When we arrive back, we were bemused to find they had dropped off a plain black suit case!

What's was more worrying is that it had our sticker with our name tag on!

Our travel insurance was useless to say the least. They said that I'd had to wait for at least 30 dyas then go back to the airline and get written confirmation that they had stopped looking for our suit case. Then I could start the process of putting a claim in.

Luckily a couple weeks later our bag DID turn up, all smashed up beyond recognition but contents inside still intact.

I haven't a clue who the other bag belong to?

Can your friend claim on his house contents insurance for goods away from home? I know this is on most policies these days.

It's only an idea...

Dave Walters

Cheers guys,

I have just heard that they have found his bag and he has just got it back, but in somewhat worse condition than when he last saw it, and with broken contents. He is now trying for compensation. So far I dont beleive they have compensated anything, not even the

Dave makes a good point, cover goods in transit on your home policy, I did it mainly for things like laptop. mobile, camera, as well as baggage.

Couple of years ago coming back from the UK using 2 airlines I had my laptop damaged (just after that Edinburgh airport scare so could not take the laptop as hand baggage) laptop smashed, but no idea which airline was responsible, laptop replaced in 3 days, on my household policy.

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)