Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Meet at Peter Smith, Hatton - UK - East Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Meet at Peter Smith, Hatton

bo90

Guys, Peter Smith Sports cars in Hatton, Derbyshire (just off the A50) will have the new lotus Evora on show! I am definitely down to see it as i have the whole day free but maybe it would be an oppurtunity for us all to meet up depending on everyones availability?

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not rang the dealer yet but he might be open late on wednesday night if that's any good?

Yes i popped down in the afternoon. Below is my post from evora forum

I Had an oppurtunity of seeing the Evora in the flesh for the first time today down at Peter Smiths in Hatton.As I pulled up in my Esprit I could see that the dealer went to great lengths to display the car properly. They had only moved 5/6 cars out of the main showroom (which incidently was specifically built in 1999 to house the M250 models) and re-arranged the dealership!

I had the whole showroom to myself and was able to take a number of photos while wearing a cheshire cat grin :) . Around the car were various colour charts and official photos together with 4 driver seats upholstered with different colour leathers.

The Evora looked a quality product with nice details and quality finishing. . The indicators embedded in the headlights was a nice touch and I pressume the wing mirrors will incorporate the indicators as the show car has no indicators down the sides.

The interior was huge in comparison to an elise and definitely bigger than my Esprit, sadly the car was a LHD so i was unable to check the gear shift in 5th and 6th. I am 6ft 3 and in the elise and europa my knee has been sandwiched in the past between the steering wheel and gear stick.

For the first time ever in a lotus, I had to adjust the seat forwards to sit in the perfect driving position and I must have had a gap of 2 inches above my head!!

The combination of leather, brushed alluminium and uncluttered dash made the interior a pleasant sporty capsule. Slightly off putting were the pedals which were offset to the right, maybe the RHD version will be different. Passenger seat comfort was like a dentist chair which obviously made the rear seats non existant but if the front seats are moved forward then children are able to slide in the back.

The real thing does look good, it does not have the elise snout as seen in Autocar magazine but I thought the rear wings over the wheels looked too beefy from certain angles.

I just can't wait to drive one now!

Edited by botus