Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Larini Exhausts for 4-pot esprits - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Larini Exhausts for 4-pot esprits

arbell9

Quote from Larini by email to me:

"Hello Alex,

Thank you very much for your e-mail enquiry. I regret to inform you that Larini Systems no longer manufactures systems for the 4 cylinder Esprit Turbo models. The decision was made in order to clear production capacity for the latest Lotus models, where demand/orders for our product is over whelming us at present. We made that decision with a heavy heart, but on a more positive note, we are continuing with our V8 Esprit range which is proving more popular than ever.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

David Clark"

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, OwenGT3 knows more but I think he said the rights were sold to somebody ( was it PNM?) so the same exhaust is still available, just not via Larini any longer.

Andy

I did actually ask them "Have you completely discontinued making the part or have you sold the design to another manufacturer?" and the reply was as you see above.

When I enquired about a Larini system it was through PUK. They said it would be a 2-3 week delivery time, this was back in April this year, which wasn't suitable for me as I needed it for the MOT and only had a week grace time, so I don't know where he was getting them from, I did enquire at Larini, but got the answer already said, they didn't make them now. Looking back now I think I got a better deal with my existing system, Larini was going to be over

Edited by OwenGT3

• Gold FFM
but on a more positive note, we are continuing with our V8 Esprit range which is proving more popular than ever.

Happy days! :wub:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

All the prices were the prices quoted on the PUK website, the only thing I enquired was the delivery charge which was 59 Euros. As I said I was including a CAT in that quote, not just an exhaust system, that's why I was saying my deal was better in the end as it included a new sports CAT with steel insert, sports silencer, tail pipe of my choice and fitted.

Owen

Hi All,

Thanks to James who directed me to this thread.

Yes, sadly its true that Larini stopped production of the 4-Cylinder system. However we have two of these systems in our stock. When these have gone we also have to switch to something else.

IMHO, I also donot understand why they stopped doing these marvellous exhausts. Compared to the number of V8-systems we sold more 4-cylinder exhausts ... hmmmmm

Cheers

Marcus

Marcus