Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
ITUNES 8 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

ITUNES 8

karluk29

hi ppl

seems in the next couple of months we are going "i" nuts in the house, bought

misses a 80gb ipod, we both get 16gb iphones next month and both having a

shuffle each for snowboarding, (dont want to kill the iphones like i killed the camera oops)

anyway after installing the new itunes 8, justine wanted some films on her pod, so i

converted them from avi (proper format lol) to mp4, works fine getting it into itunes

and onto the pod, BUT when you play them in itunes it doesnt play full screen, i converted

using "super", as 640x480, basically the same as a podcast i just watched so i thought

it would be fine, but you just get it in the middle of the screen.

HELP!!!!!!!!

any clues ppl, would love to have all movies and tunes in one app, but itunes just

isnt really upto the job on movies me thinks, just annoying, mr jobs needs to sort it out lol

thanx

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karl,

Have you tried the Apple web-site. Log a support ticket. You may also get to chat live with one of their experts to fix the problem in real time.

I've been very impressed whenever I've had to contact them.

Graham

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

i havent got a apple pc though, does that matter?

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Gold FFM

karl,

Doesn't matter if you don't have a mac. It's just a website. You don't need to own a plane to book airline tickets. :)

You're just asking for support for an apple product.

Michael

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

what is it with apple?

every time i use apple software, i end up asking .. why wont it let me do it!!!!!....and then pulling my hair out! why does its take 5 clicks when a drag n drop would do nicely? it does not even come up with a pop up window to tell you whats wrong, you have to work it out !!

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

nope doesnt like full screen, think i need to convert it in a bigger res, as i have changed my screen bigger (from 1024 to 12??) and it seems some of the other stuff messes up aswell.

i would love to have an apple, but i have SO many (lets say borrowed) progs for windows its pointless, and i never get the point of of paying 3 times more when you could buy a monster HTPC for less. really cool products though, like i said apple are getting my cash next month for 2 x iphones and 2 x shuffles, even though justine has now decided "oh doesnt the new nano look nice" eerr you have a brand new classic aaahhhh

can someone please tell the "jobs" to make it accept avi, the standard format for everything lol

ramjet - does this mean i need to cancel the order for the new boeing A380? wicked with the money i could put it towards an apple LMAO

Edited by karluk29

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
what is it with apple?

every time i use apple software, i end up asking .. why wont it let me do it!!!!!....and then pulling my hair out!

You're not the only one !

It's got to be the most click happy, un-intuative piece of software in existance.

I've just re-installed my PC, I use a 2nd HD drive to keep my music on so I dont need to back it up.

Now igoons wont have it that I own any of that music and wants to delete everything on my iPhone (inc all the settings and ratings / playlists etc) and replace it with that on the PC.

:)

It's already done a great job of smashing my contacts to bits.

In future do I copy the "Library" file and then copy/paste that back in to preserve all my settings ? Will that remember the iPhone as well ?

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Jonathan--When you switch hard drives, just open iTunes and click (provided you're using Windows) from the menu bar Store> Authorize Computer. It will then make the link between your iTunes library and the iPhone it was previously synced to. This will only work provided you have at least one of your 5 machines left to authorize. Otherwise you must de-authorize the computer, swap HD and move files, then reauthorize. Hope this helps, it's kind of a pain but it's Apple's way of Digital Rights Manangement.

Karl--When you converted the movies, did you use iTunes to convert or a third party software? When I convert vids for iPod I always just use iTunes and it seems to work fine for me.

• Gold FFM

Had similar last month Carl. Dont know if any help but I switched it to 1024X768 and it worked on mine ok.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Thanks Paul - I muddled through it all. It got all the apps but I had to re-install all the music and I lost my prefs on the individual songs. Think I have it sorted now - funny no other MP3 player has this issue, I know Apple are trying to be whiter then white (get it ?) but they could make things a bit more user friendly.

I heard a little tale that they are not letting any SATNAV's onto the iphone (even though TomTom have done it) due to the fact they think people will sue them if they take the wrong turning !!!

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk