Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
WAY TO REMOVE TRANSMISSION SHAFT - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

WAY TO REMOVE TRANSMISSION SHAFT

PHILDUFOUR

I would like to remove my engine

and i have remove the rolls pins of the Renault transmission

but I have not enough space to disconnect the shaft from the gear box or i have force enough?

OR i need to remove something else?

coul you help me Thanks you in advance

Philippe

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Philippe,

Remove the roll pins first (after draining the gearbox of oil). remove the bolts from the engine and gearbox mounts (plus all the pipe work etc of course!), then gradually lift the engine/transmission. As you lift pull the engine to one side and the drive shaft will eventually be able to be removed from the opposite side of the gearbox.Once one side is free, pull the other way and remove the drive shaft from the other side. You don't need to do anything at the hub end of the drive shaft, despite what the workshop manual says.

Its not as difficult as it may appear. The difficult part is getting all the pipes back on when you put the engine back in again!

Malc

You can also remove the bolts for the upper links from the hub carrier, then pull the hub away from the transmission to give the driveshafts clearance. Much easier if you have two people.

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

thanks you for your help

i have remove the bolt and scew of the upper link ans pull on the hub

and i have remove transmission shaft easily like that

i awas alone and to reput the screw of the upper link i have take a ''cric'' may be it's french i dont know ( the tool inside the car to lift the wheel)

and its xwas perfect

sorrey for my bad english

thanks you very much

i thinks that it's easier than to remove transmission shaft when you lift engine

PHILIPPE