Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Make of Fuel and effect on throttle response - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Make of Fuel and effect on throttle response

dbroughton

recently had a problem with idle and throttle repsonse when the car had just been started.

The usual dip in the revs when pressing the throttle was very pronounced to the point of stalling if enough throttle was given. Once warm the car ran normal. The problem appeared one day and three weeks later vanished.

The problem appeared to start soon after a refill of Total super unleaded and was apparantly corrected by a tank of the "super" Shell petrol. All very odd

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww mate i read your post and thought that what you put was most eloquent and warranted no further response,but have you recently disconnected the battery and the ECU was just relearning its parameters and the fuel thing was a spooky coincidence?

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Mmmmm. I did have the speedo fixed and they probaby had to disconnect the battery for that could be another coincidence but it has taken the entire tank of fuel to get back to normal.

anyway cannot complain, the car is running as well as it has ever done! Might be time to sell!

:scared:

It's standard practise to disconnect the battery for any electrical work. Saves shorting the item and breaking it!

You've had a couple of problems I think which may have been ECU related. Would it be worth having it looked over by an expert?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.