Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG First Autumn Run - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG First Autumn Run

OwenGT3

Hi,

Well as the last run we had was a Pistonheads run really, I thought perhaps the AEG could have a run out, not a massive one, but still a good run. I thought we could treat this as an Autumn run as summer is basically over.

The plan is simple, we start at Longwater car park, then travel to Acle down the A47, so you get a little dual carriage way road to have leap frogging fun and side by side picture taking. Then when we hit Acle roundabout we take the road to Hemsby which is a nice twisty road (A1064), then a short bit of the A149, then finally picking up the B1159 and take this road all the way to Cromer where we take the A149 again to park up on the cliffs, take some more photographs and possibly walk down to get some fish and chips.

I reckon this will be a 10am meet for a 10.30-ish set off time. We can then drive stopping around Keswick/Bacton area for brunch (not full lunch stop, just quick drink and toilet) and loo stop, possibly a pub, there is one I think I've visited along that stretch, my niece had a Birthday party there, don't worry I will do a scout run to check this out.

Then once pit stop is over on to the Cromer cliffs for final lunch. If it's still early we could always carry on and go to Holt then head back to Norwich on the Holt road which is another twisty road.

Obviously this will only go ahead if enough show an interest, but as some missed the PH one, though this would give you another opportunity for one. Hopefully the weather will still be reasonable, but I don't think it should stop the day going a head if it rained.

I reckon the 19th October for this one, remembering this is the last weekend before the clocks go back, so it will be dark at 4.30pm on the 26th, so I've decided it's to be the 19th October. It would be great if we could get a good turn out of AEGers for this one, hopefully Marvin's you're about and not at sea!

Owen

List of Attendees:

Owen & Tracy - Esprit GT3

Edited by OwenGT3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in...hang on I'll check first..........

Yep. Should be fine

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Good man, Dave :dizzy:

Andy C - G Esprit Turbo

James - goodness only knows!

Simonf - " " " " !!!

Kimbers - Esprit S4

Dave F - SE Turbo

Whereabouts in East Anglia are you? If you're within a reasonable distance of Cambridge we'd be delighted to see you at our next evening meet - more details here. Incidentally, attendance in an Esprit is by no means compulsory :(

I'm sure he would prefer "Sawbridgeworth, nr Bishops Stortford" though. :dizzy:

Now I may well be up for this little jaunt myself, although as it's Mrs Eds Birthday that weekend I won't be able to commit until nearer the time.

Edited by Dave Eds

Dave.

But Harlow is more widely known.

Thanks to various police TV programes, news reports etc.

Anyway, Dave, it reads as thought you'd need permission.

You don't!

There's the couch

The Dog bed.

The outside shed.

Loads of alternative options should you fail to obtain permission but attend.

How about a nice drive out to the coast on your birthday, as it's such a sunny weekend?

Oooh, look there's Owen, Andy, Kimbers and James. Fancy seeing them here! What a coincidence, shall we see what they're doing?

:dizzy:

Dave.

Sounds good, count me in please. :dizzy:

Andy C - G Esprit Turbo

James - goodness only knows!

Simonf - " " " " !!!

Kimbers - Esprit S4

Dave F - SE Turbo

Graeme - Stevens Esprit Turbo

I don't need much arm twisting to go for a drive and stop for fish and chips. :(

".... Shall we see what they're doing?"

"I don't know shall we see where you intend to sleep tonight?"

:dizzy:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi,

Pleased with the turn out so far so this is going ahead for sure, I will add it to the calendar. I'm gonna ask EALC, also I've asked a few on SELOC only by PM as they didn't show much interest when I last posted the Aldeburgh run. Simon and James, it would be great to see Esprits and not Audi's or Subaru's so we can hopefully have a good photo opportunity at Cromer. Hopefully Mustard98 will read this sometime and make it as well. Obviously Cambridge people have to travel some before even starting, but you know we would love to see you as well. Nifty, how about the Esprit on this run, also Norfolk Ern?

I will print maps for the day, clearer than PH map as you have the graphic man on the case, also phone numbers will be attached this time to aid anyone who get's lost, but I doubt this happening as it's basically one road all the way from Casiter/Hemsby to Cromer. As I said earlier a pit stop will be at Bacton/Keswick for a toilet stop and quick drink refreshment, then lunch at Cromer so you only need to bring money (Kimbers :dizzy: ) for food and Cromer cliff parking as well as buying your fish and chips, no pack lunches needed.

Dave, you know Mrs Ed is more than welcome, I think it's great if a partner or friend comes along as well to enjoy the day.

Any questions, just ask.

Owen.

Sorry but I am out, sick Esprit.

Oil cooler blew on the way back from the 60th. No engine damage done but the suspension wont rust for quite some time. Lotus want too much for a replacement so I am getting one hand made at much less than half the price. Only problem, 4 to 6 week lead time.

Regards

Ralph

Ralph, why don't you ride with someone else, I'm sure there will be a spare seat going, Andy's got some comfortable ones fitted now, you could ask him.

Owen.

-

Map of route and days events.

CoastalHoon.jpg

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Oil cooler blew on the way back from the 60th. No engine damage done but the suspension wont rust for quite some time. Lotus want too much for a replacement so I am getting one hand made at much less than half the price. Only problem, 4 to 6 week lead time.

Did you try Merlin Motorsport - clicky

James

Yes, but they couldnt help. My coolers, one in each front corner, have an inlet bottom LH corner exit top RH corner and a boss to attach on top above the inlet (drivers side). Tried other cooler suppliers to but apparently it is unique to this application. Unfortunately its uniqueness comes to the sum of

Hi,

My mate over on ESLOC has posted a thread about this run, he's coming along in his Elise, that's hoping me helping him fit his new race gearbox works fine once it's done, should do. So attendance is rising.

Andy C - G Esprit Turbo

James - goodness only knows! (This will say Esprit Turbo SE by the time the event is here! :wub: )

Simonf - " " " " !!! (This will say Esprit Turbo by the time the event is here! :santa: )

Kimbers - Esprit S4

Dave F - SE Turbo

Graeme - Stevens Esprit Turbo

Revolt - Elise mk1 (SELOC - James)

KCB - Elise mk1 (SELOC - Karen & Paul)

Owen.

Hope to make it chaps.

If I can "cure" the slipping clutch easily I'll bring the Esprit out .. otherwise it will be Molly (the 7) again.

Pity none of you made it to Snetterton last Thursday .. Molly was really on song.

The non-timing showed a best lap of mid 80secs :)

P.S. Enjoyed the PH run in the morning ... lost the crowd in the afternoon so went home and took the dog out on the heath.

Keep off the straight and narrow

Just realised this coincides with the Carrotland (local Lotus Seven Club) Autumn Blat.

How about I suggest we meet up together?

Edited by Nifty

Keep off the straight and narrow