Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wolfrace Refurb - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Wolfrace Refurb

Hi there,

I currently have a set of slots on my S1 but at some point they have been painted over the original polished/chrome effect (I'm not sure how these originally came). Can anyone help with this as while my engine etc is being rebuilt I want to get these done too! If anyone knows what the best approach is or can recommend someone to do them I would be really grateful!

Thanks

Leon

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Leon,

The original finish is machined with clearcoat, and the walls of the slots are rough as cast.

Cheers,

Tony

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Hi Leon,

Tony is right, but I think they are powder coated in a fine silver, diamond cut on a lathe and last of all have a powder clear coat over the top.

If your looking for a company to refurbish these I run a company called Lepsons in Swindon wilts, it's part of Lepsons in Gillingham.

You can email me on swindon@lepsons.com or call me on 01793 887222

Regards

Scott

Just to say, Lepsons have one of the finest reputations in the refurb game, they are well known for their excellent work :unsure:

I've spoken with Scott recently and not only is he a wheel refurb legend, but he's got a lovely gold V8-GT, tres bon :P

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hi Leon,

A bit closer to home is a company called Spit n Polish. I had my wolfraces done there a few years ago and they did a very good job on what were pretty abused 25 year old wheels. They're based in Tonbridge, Kent.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Who did the refurb on the wheels on the yellow S1 that went to the states?....... they looked pretty good to me!

I have spoken to Scott previously about wheel refurbs and he recommended www.renowheel.co.uk[/quote]

Hi Mat, I think you may well have me mixed up with another Scott. I am Scott Jones Managing Director of Lepsons Alloy wheel refurbishment Swindon. I am very aware that there other company,s refurbishing alloy wheels but very few using the same technique as a mainline manufacturer. The Lepsons chain (currently 2 outlets: Swindon & Gillingham) pay strict attention to quality standards, so when we refurbish or refinish alloy wheels we replace the protective coating with the very same paints that are applied to the alloys during manufacture.

I have refurbished my own wheels on my 1998 Gold (ex Lotus motor show car) V8 GT. I will post some pictures of before and after of some "very ill cared for wheels" to illustrate exactly what can be saved.

This picture is of a few wheels after being powder primed, next stage will be paint then lacquer.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Scott Jones

post-5464-1229629979.jpg