[Ebay-bot] Lotus Esprit GT3 - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[Ebay-bot] Lotus Esprit GT3

ebay

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that as well, because the description looks very very good!! Maybe it's just the fact that it's so cheap people think there's something wrong with it?

If it wasn't so far away I'd go have a look just out of interest.

Doesn't look like there's an MOT for a start.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Doubt in the current climate, selling a supercar before x-mas isn't the best of situations.

I'm up there in windsor this weekend, might take a look - very pretty looking car.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

What, we are not in a recession, car prices have fallen out of the sky or that this particular Esprit won't sell?

You can't think that all of my previous post is the opposite.

I think the seller is not far off what he'll get for it.

Dave

We need to watch for a steady trend in prices before we condem our cars to bargan bucket prices.

My steady trend is over ten years:

Buy Esprits, spend tens of thousands running them, sell them for a few thousand less than you bought them for.

The Esprit (as a used car) has always been a bargain. Knowing what GT3's have actually changed hands for, and

it's sad i know, but that price is as much as i would pay for one. Apart from very late V8 cars and the 'sport' cars,

the running costs of owning an esprit for, say, five years, is pretty much the value of the car.

The used Esprit market has been a buyers market from the time i first looked at them in 1998 right through to

present day. There has never been a time in the last ten years that i have not seen a good car up for sale at a

bargain price. Thats the 'trend', it's always been there mate, it has not altered, and you don't have to watch for it,

they are bargain supercars. thank god they are so much fun to own and drive!!!!

;)

I think to sell,

Thing is Esprits are too rare to really guide price.

If someone really wants a GT3 in azure with leather interior like that they dont exactly have that much choice - to most people when they buy a car like this it isn't just 'any one will do' the colour and model has a huge impact which is why the 'sport' models are desirable.

Market price only matters if you want to sell and/or you want to do an insurance job. Anyone buying a car for a financial investment is a bit silly imo unless they hit the jack pot (ie DB5's) buying an Esprity for a financial investment is even worse !

Unfortunatly Paul you're selling at possibly one of the worst times but at least you might be able to offset that on a new purchase.

I always view depreciation as the offset to your enjoyment, I've probably lost 4-5 grand over 4 years but thats the cost of ownership of such a fine car, had a lot of enjoyment out of it for sure. Put it this way, it could be worse with other cars where you're talking about 20-30 grand !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Just to add a bit of light and joy to this thread here's a bit of a bet you didn't know that fact..

The bridge in the background was built by Islambard Kingdom Brunel as part of the GWR line and at the time was the worlds largest spanned brick built bridge. The photo was taken on the towpath....

I used to spend hours rowing on the river under it as a member of Maidenhead Rowing Club :)

• 3 weeks later...