Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How do you all have your electric CC pumps wired? - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How do you all have your electric CC pumps wired?

I am switching over to an electric CC pump. The internals to the mechanical pump are completely destroyed. I read up on several forums and esprit web pages about the electric CC pumps. LEW uses a wire loom from lotus which I understand, but is the wire loom available??. The pictures of the Dermot wiring on LEW are not clear to me. Can anyone share on the success of wiring up their elec. pump?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too fitted a WC pump on my '89 SE, and ran it directly from the fuel pump supply. However, the fuel pump performance is very voltage dependant and the small, but significant voltage drop caused by the additional load of the water pump, was, I suspected, adding to hesitation problems I had at the time. I therefore changed the wiring so that the fuel pump circuit now powered an additional relay housed in the rear relay/solenoid box (with suitable reverse protection diode across the relay coil) and the relay contact feeding the water pump via a fused circuit direct to the battery. The change seemed to make a small difference on the Freescan log, indicating that there were slightly less occurances of knocking and mixture going lean.

Maybe best to wire it up via a relay, to be on the safe side.

Malc

Actually those pics are of a friend's car.

I intend to do mine slightly differently.

I will wire my pump wires directly to a Metri-Pack 150 plug to fit into the plug that is used for the EBP Valve Solenoid.

This system should be fine for the ~8A draw of the pump, and the 10A fuse is correct as well.

That way I will not have to modify the car, and the pump will automatically turn on when the car reaches proper operating temperature.

I will probably also do a manual switch so I can turn the pump on whenever I want for coolant burping or cooling in the pits, or whatever.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Where is the secondary inj. resistor shown in your diagram located (where the R(red?) wire connects)?

I actually connected the red wire to the orange/white wire at the fuel pump relay, it was just easier to draw it as shown. All of the orange-white wires on the diagram and the new red wire are connected together.

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

I actually connected the red wire to the orange/white wire at the fuel pump relay, it was just easier to draw it as shown. All of the orange-white wires on the diagram and the new red wire are connected together.

Have you had any problems with fuel pressure, etc. since you added the electric cc pump?

Edited by silverespritse

No, and there's no reason to think I would. The fuel pump circuit is only used as a trigger to the CC pump relay, the current that actually runs the pump comes from the battery (wires marked 'N').

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages