Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Problems with tick over and no turbo boost HELP! - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Problems with tick over and no turbo boost HELP!

bibs when my alternator went the car would start, run for a bit but then stall no boost, back fire all kind of weird things, it was killing the battery by sending a live feed back to it so if the battery is very low then it could be a live feed from the alternator. mine killed the core on a brand new battery in maybe 40 mins of running, car started ok drove ok for a bit then went bad then would not tick over and would stall. a few mins later would start then drive ok etc .who knows what the voltage was doing.

mick where in derby are you? pm me i may have some spare time tomorrow morning

It's Oogies turn to boogie

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the one under the dash would be better as you are right where the ignition is, just ensure that you get a connection, if there are no error codes it will flash 12 and keep flashing 12 (pretty sure its 12) one long then two short

the enigine check light will start to flash, if using a paper clip to bridge the terminals make sure its pushed in as i was supprised woh far in it needed to go it should flash 12 (once then two short flashes) this shows its in diagnostc mode then it will flash any error codes, if more than one error code it will then move on to the next oneetc until it flashes 12 again

I thought I had better post what happened, Pete came down this morning and got a bent paperclip pushed it into the electrical connector (brave man) the fault code came up as he said it would (hero) fault 33 looked it up and found it to be the map sensor, traced the pipes and found the connection on to the sensor was perished.

For a quick fix electrical tape was then wrapped around the cracked pipe, started the engine, no problem and the car drives better than ever, I think the fault has been there for a long time and not shown on the engine light, the Esprit has now got a new lease of life.

All that leads me to say is THANKS for all your help from everyone who posted. Most of all thanks to Pete for taking the time to show me how to read the codes on the system without plugging it in, again many thanks

Mick

:unsure::):P:respect::cheers::):):):):):):)