Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
CAT Driver Training - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

CAT Driver Training

Bibs

Our helmets are all open face to aid communication but we work with people in full face as well. We do have intercom equipment (Autocom) but that is primarily used for our work with permanently roofless cars i.e. Atoms, 2Elevens etc. On the day if anyone has any difficulty with communication then we can switch to the Autocom system and provide temporary equipment on the day.

That'll be me then :baby:

Jo sorry I missed you Friday afternoon - I was on the motorway in the liz so conversation wouldn't have been easy! Will call you Monday morning.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ask clients to wear crash helmets on club days as a blanket safety measure to keep everybody safe. If you do not wish to wear one or feel you cannot fit comfortably in your car operating the controls safely, we are happy to train with you.

The only restriction if you are not wearing a helmet is that your speed is capped at 130mph on the High Speed Circuit (Bowl) as this is the Millbrook regulation. If you attend further training after this introductory event and higher speeds are required to further your technique and knowledge we would have to reconsider the risks - using a CAT vehicle for that element would be an option.

Our days are structured to ensure you are kept safe along with the instructor sitting alongside you. We adhere closely to the Health and Safety measures put in place by Millbrook. Millbrook Proving Ground is governed by the Health & Safety Executive and follows a stringent policy. As an approved user of Millbrook we are duty bound to follow their safety protocol. I also have my own personal views on safety. Looking into accident investigations of incidents on racing circuits you will find that unless you are wearing a Hans Device personal injury can be increased due to the weight of a helmet.

We look forward to seeing you all on the day.

Colin

Ask the Expert - Colin Hoad - Evo Magazine

Watch our new promo film here: Corporate Overview

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

Thanks Jo & mayesprit for your

Read the latest article published by Evo Magazine here: CAT Driver Training review | Features | evo

"It's run by a top team of people and we thoroughly recommend them - Fifth Gear."

I'd be interested on being a reverse if anybody wants to drop out.

ads green

Adam we'll get you added as Reserve No. 1.

Bibs will you do the honours for me please in the master list?

Thanks

Jo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the

Just a quick update for those going - I went yesterday for a one day Performance Driver Day aimed at helping me get quicker on track. Superb day - Colin is a very good instructor, and really made sure I understood all the points as went through - there were only two of us (pal with his Atom) so we had loads of time to get into the technical side as well as plenty of time on the various circuits.

Millbrook is an amazing facility - it was a real treat to see the set up and drive around. And the weather was on my side too. Needless to say I have come away with plenty to practice before our day in August.

Can't wait :lol:

Glad to know you had a great day Jo and learnt lots :D We look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks Felix for your

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Hippo for your balance received today :thumbsup:

Bibs - would you update the master list to show Hippo is now fully paid ... thank you :)

Jo

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear that Simon .... will keep our ears open and let you know if we find anyone for you.

Jo

I had a phone call from Jo earlier and it looks like she's filled the place already.

Thanks for being so understanding, i'm utterly gutted I can't make it, but I will be there some time soon!!!

Chunky Lover

Oneshot - the last place has been reserved and I'm expecting payment today. Let me know if the date is feasible when you know and I can add you as a Reserve in case anyone else has any unfortunate reason to pull out?

1. Bibs (LEF) - Esprit Turbo SE Paid in full

2. Chris (Internets - LEF) - Esprit GT3 Deposit Paid

3. Jo Lloyd (2Eleven) - 2Eleven Paid in full

4. Ian (Hippo - LEF) - Exige S Paid in Full

5. Felix (fsroswell - LEF) - Esprit Turbo SE Paid in full

6. Ian (Mayesprit - LEF) Esprit V8 or Mini Cooper Paid in full

7. +1 from Jo Lloyd - Elise S1 Paid in full

8. +1 from Jo Lloyd - Elise S2 Payment pending

Jo

This is the revised list with all places taken. Just waiting for the last of the monies to be in and your confirmation packs should be out in the post to you next week.

2. Chris (Internets - LEF) - Esprit GT3 Deposit Paid

8. +1 from Jo Lloyd - Elise S2 Paid in full

Jo

Thanks Chris - cheque arrived today. So that's all monies in and we're ready to go. Confirmation packs should be in the post Thursday/Friday so watch out for your Postie. Any questions just ask but hopefully everything you need to know will be in the information.

Looking forward to meeting you all and hoping for sun B)

2. Chris (Internets - LEF) - Esprit GT3 Paid in full

8. +1 from Jo Lloyd - Elise S2 Paid in full

Jo

• Gold FFM
and hoping for sun B)

Jo

Steady on Jo. You'll have me buying Lotto tickets if I thought we'd be that lucky.

Just kidding. Really looking forward to this now as well. :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I've started my sun dances already ............ that's obviously why it's raining so much :)

Jo

Good mix of Lotus here...should be good...but why no cameras allowed? :)

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

It's a pretty secretive testing facility - never going to be able to use cameras at a place like that. There's kind of an unwritten rule that you anything you see there stays there, if you know what I mean :)

And Jo - thanks for the packs - Nik and I received them yesterday. Can't wait.

Glad the Postie has fulfilled their part of the deal :)

Millbrook is like the Area 51 of the car world and depending on what is going on when we're there you can see some interesting vehicles - but as Jo says 'anything you see there, stays there'. Unapproved photography is treated as industrial espionage and people have been prosecuted by manufacturers and some have also lost their jobs due to discussing priviledged information in public.

You'll still have a great time though :)

Jo

*GULP*...Best i take my in car camera mount out of there then...

Jo, I think i'm probably staying in a hotel the night before so is there anywhere on site where i can leave my gear as i dont really want it rattling about in the boot all day?

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...