Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Random Images....... - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Random Images.......

nello

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Another picture of it here from the 2008 tour de Bretagne.

035.jpg

And another

http://passionautomobileforum.xooit.fr/t510-Tour-de-Bretagne.htm?start=45

photo0583rf.jpg

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/335923LotusEsprit1976.jpg

Also found this picture of OPW654W which I had not seen. Missing stripe decals, painted mirrors etc but it's the white Bond Turbo.

17%20Lotus%20esprit%20turbo.jpg

Edited by Bibs
Use [IMG] tags or click the 'add image' link in the editor toolbar. >>> http://www.4lot.us/images

I know its been discussed before but no the White Essex is not unique. I think we came to the conclusion they were the first of the non-Essex blue painted cars using up the Essex-Petroleum linked cars bits. There was definately a white UK car as I saw and photographed it at the Shuttleworth collection meet circa mid-90's...

There was a white one owned by the pub landlord on our estate c.1987, it may be the French car as I think NHN is a Newcastle number. He was complaining about the dry sump pump back then.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Another shot of the white one that was posted on the "Essex Turbos in the US" thread from back in 2008 that morphed somewhat! 

IMG_0379.JPG

Now available from all good model shops!

S1773(1).jpg

And copyright to Sutton Images.......ACBC/Mr Thieme and a Talbot! Leigh - looks like this was at the Monaco weekend your car was at.............

80mon22.jpg

Edited by nello

Hi Guys:

For your info SPARK models is going to release in 1/43 the following ESSEX liveried models.

-Bell Jet Ranger (shown above)

-Lotus Elite

-Mini Cooper

These two shown in this same forum

I wonder in the Monaco registered Mini belonged to Mr David Thieme......

The Elite? Wow, talk about specific, ie one car!

Unless the Essex brand name/logo is no longer copyrighted, does that mean Spark models have been in touch with the reclusive Mr Thieme?

I doubt it Mark............ No-one was more suprised than us when the AutoArt Essex came through the post...........

Not only was it Essex spec but it was No.17 and no-one asked us for copyright!

Leigh - have you been offered millions to turn your car into a model!

Interestingly my Spark 1/43 Elite S1 model has a nice sign on the back saying "officially licensed by Classic Team Lotus". Good business sense by Clive seeing as (correct me if wrong) the licensing of long dead Lotus passenger cars has sod all to do with CTL!

Not sure Bazza but I'll bet it would have been more difficult to animate having a reflective chrome stripe? Perhaps that was the get-out clause? Would just having the colours really have breached any licensing?  

• 4 weeks later...

Essex 023 was totally destroyed 6/11/12 in a garage fire along with Excel & Elan. The fire was started by a faulty fridge/freezer which ignited the carpet tiles under it and subsequently spread across the floor. The cars were covered with cotton dust sheets which then caught fire then on to the petrol in gardening equipment and house etc. The fire was so intense the Compomotive wheels were reduced to pools of aluminium.

Real shame 023 had only covered 22,000mls not been taxed/on the road since 2005.

Another one gone !! 

Steve T

Barrie,

If Mark gets 018 engine sorted that should be back on the road soon so 004, 0011, 014, 018 and 100 (024)

Barrie read the article "Top Gear" bet Richard Hammond had plenty of leg room.  

Barrie,

If Mark gets 018 engine sorted that should be back on the road soon so 004, 0011, 014, 018 and 100 (024)

Barrie read the article "Top Gear" bet Richard Hammond had plenty of leg room.  

Don't forget 017 Steve........... Still appears physically immaculate but needs a complete mechanical overhaul now.....

Edited by nello

PPW 702W = Essex 012 now in France somewhere (May 2009) and Essex 004 with the Smart Car which was sold on Ebay a few months ago.

I know it's Essex 004 I have all the other photo's that were taken at the time. 

• 5 months later...