Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEF Tour France 2010 - Page 2 - France - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

LEF Tour France 2010

matk

Mat,

If the planets align etc, I'm up for shipping the car over and joining you guys. I've been toying with the idea of taking a month and driving around Europe with the wife for a while now. Let me know once you have firm dates.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Great Idea matk !

+2 personn !

If you need help for the organisation, i can help you if the road trip is in south west (Toulouse, pyrenees mountains, Bordeau, Biarritz etc.. )

I'm a member of the Club Lotus France, and i can advise French member about the meeting !

bye, Gip"

• 4 weeks later...

Right got some dates in mind, looking at coming out on Saturday 10th July 2010 and everyone returning Thursday 15th July. That way we'll get to join in Bastille Day celebrations in France. What do you think?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Sounds good - I want to do more driving in europe mainly becuase flying is out of the question really.

Worries me driving on the wrong side but in convoy it should be much easier (perhaps there is nothing to worry about !)

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Nothing to worry about Jon. Take it easy for 10 mins and you get used to it very quickly. I'm driving RH and LH drive cars out here occasionally and I've had no probs.

Regards

Mat

:) thats the weekend of the LE MANS classic i.e. 9th / 10th / 11th July.

hang on as I am already in france :) Would it be possible to join up on the 12th :)? depending where you are going to be !! :P

Edited by USAndretti42

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

This sounds like a great idea, and as we already go to France every year visiting relatives, this could be a good excuse to link up, but I wont know until much nearer the time, as getting time off work (working for myself) can be tricky...

So, Andrew & Christine, as two possibles

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Dave an I (megan) would love to join in the trip to France but I am only free during school hols!! from 24 July 2010 to 1st week in Sept. If at any other time Dave will have to go on his own. ha ha lol. :(

• 2 weeks later...

France, eh? Yup count me in, especially if we manage to fix it with a LeMans visit! I have long planned a trip but only made it to the Ring for the 24Hrs.......GreenHell!

Count me in if its for the " weekend" !

cheers!

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

• 5 months later...

Right, about time I got off my arse and resurrected this and got things firmed up. Lots of people have previously posted in other thread events about just choosing a firm date and let everyone decide if they can make it or not, so here goes.......

You are ALL cordially invited to visit me anytime between evening of Fri 9th July 2010 until the following Fri 16th July. Those of you in France for the Le Mans Classic, come down afterwards. Come for as few days or as many as you want that week. If you only want to do a day, or stay the full week, fine by me. Basically its a TheLotusForums home for that period.

1. Accomodation - I'm currently moving house but should be in a 3 bedroom bungalow by then. There is loads of parking, but you will prob need to either bring a tent, or a sleeping bag and grab whatever floor space you can. There is no nearby hotel/ B & B, so if you want to follow this option that's fine, but remember you'll have to get yourselves from where you are to where I live. It's rural and taxis are not easy round here.

2. Entertainment - At some point in the week we will be displaying our cars in the local town as part of a Bastille Day show to fly the Lotus Flag. Great opportunity to ice break and meet the locals too. My barbecue will be lit, and the sun should be shining. Apart from that it will be chilled and we'll do as much or as little as people want. Bring a bottle, when you've drunk it you'll have made sure you have a space to buy a cheap bottle to take back!

3. Music - I'm playing in a blues/rock/covers band at the moment. We'll be playing at my house one evening. If any of you are musicians (at WHATEVER standard, or even want to sing a live karaoke, you WILL be expected to grab an instrument and join in. All equipment (Guitars, Drums, Amps, PA, Mics, Keys etc will be available).

4. Can't/Don't Want To Drive? - Get yourself a cheap Ryan Air/FlyBe to Limoges Airport. Either hire a cheap car, or if you prefer we'll get you picked up.

5. Swimming - Any of you swim? That time of year the local lakes are clean, warm and great to swim in. Bring a cossie! Any non swimmers, grab a beer and sit and watch.

Not sure what else to say. I can promise lots of wine, great environment and fun with friends. Please can we have a list below with defs? Could you also give me an initial indication of how long you're coming for? You can start planning your hols, ferries etc now and I look forward to seeing lots of you. This is now a firm event!

Here is a google link to where I am. Press the satellite view for a view of the area.

TheLotusForums French Retreat 2010

Roll up roll up.......................

Regards

Mat

Mike Sekinger - local lad :)

Edited by mike_sekinger

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Cool Mike!

Was going to PM to see if you were going to join us, or even if you'd be up for a load of us coming over to drool in your shiny workshop!!

1. Jonathan

2. Mike Sekinger

Regards

Mat

I'd like to come for the full duration, although that depends on if I get some work and hence money!

Just checked, Dover - Calais return for car and 2 x persons £70 return for the sensible timed Ferries, as low as £40 for the not so reasonable times.

Can't be bad, almost worth booking as an 'just in case I've got the cash'.

Would be good to go over with a couple of others if anyone's interested in a sensible type convoy across, all look out for each other and our cars type thing?

Anyone else thinking of doing the whole hog?

Chunky Lover

Anyone else thinking of doing the whole hog?

I will be up for a week away, the diary is clear w.r.t family stuff so i need to start planing my trip. I have 300 miles to get to dover from here to start with.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Jonathan

2. Mike Sekinger

3. & 4. Simon & Lisa

5. & 6. Bibs & Laura?

7. Alex GT3

8. & 9. Cliff & Tony + 'the Spitfire'. Matt we have booked into a local B&B 5 mins away. http://www.luchaptholidays.com/en/index.html

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• 3 weeks later...

Yay! Just booked the ferry crossings for the whole week. thumbsup.gif I'm going from Portsmouth as it's within smelling distance of here and will be sailing (on the SS Floatslikeastone) into Caen at 11:30am on Friday.

A gentle trundle along some French autorutes should see me there late afternoon. Can't wait. cheers.gif

(Louise is gutted as she'll still be a couple of weeks away from the school summer holidays, so she'll have the house to herself for while!)