Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[Group Buy] - Tyresure Pressure Monitoring System - 15% off - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[Group Buy] - Tyresure Pressure Monitoring System - 15% off

Little more off and less orders needed from the last time you saw this offer on another website :clap:

I'll be fitting a set of these to my car shortly :)

http://www.tyresure.com

Tyresure. Handle The Pressure

Tyres. Four patches of rubber, usually no bigger than a child's footprint. We rely on them to transport our most precious of cargos, yet most of us rarely give them the attention they deserve. Thanks to Tyresure, crucial tyre pressure and temperature data can now be displayed in an instant, without even leaving the driving seat.

Their neat Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) utilises military-spec technology on each road wheel to display an accurate tyre pressure and temperature reading for each tyre, direct to the driver in real time. This can be accessed permanently, or set as a ‘pre-flight check’ which then updates the driver if preset safety parameters are breached. This is displayed through a compact display screen that shows safe pressures in green, changing to red if the pressure or temperature moves to a dangerous level. The system works on any type of vehicle from a family saloon to the biggest SUV and once the sensors have been fitted to the wheels, is a true 'Plug & Play' fitment.

Research undertaken by a leading tyre company reveals that just a 6 psi drop in tyre pressure leads to an approximate 10% to 20% increase in fuel consumption, whilst rapidly accelerating tyre wear by up to 30%! With the complete system costing just

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a snazzier version of the TireSmart system in the Final Editions. Mine is playing up at the moment constantly telling me the left rear is 6psi low even though I check the tyres weekly and no pressure change detected at cold! It could be time to replace the sensor and the TireSmart use a metal band to circumnavigate the rim and attach the sensor. Not as far as I know made any more but have managed to find parts on line.

I would highly recommend getting one of these, I regularly top a ton in the boonies and as Bib's pointed out it could save your life at speed.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

As soon as we've 10 orders the order will be placed so next week is realistic*.

*If it doesn't happen, don't hit me again....

(PS, this was just posted on the 2Eleven forum)

Hi Guys,

Just to clear things up a little, if you want to call up and place your order now there is no problem, i will keep hold of the details till the number reaches 10 (or there abouts wink.gif ) Just before any funds are taken / goods dispatched i will send a PM to comfirm all details.

Any units that need shipping abroard let me know as this is not an issue, just pass your address and i will let you know the additional postage cost.

Any questions / issues dont hesitate to PM or call me on 01530 517 920

Ben

Dave - Pls call Ben on 01530 517 920 to place your order now we've completed the group buy :D

We're now an authorised Tyresure distributor and are adding these to the shop for all to buy at a discount (and even greater discount to full LEF members).

http://www.thelotusforums.com/shop/perform...ing-system.html

Does anyone know the dimensions of the display unit? I'm guessing its credit card sized but I'd appreciate some dimensions if anyone can help.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

KIT CONTAINS

1 x display screen ( reciever ) Length = 83mm - Height = 48mm - Depth 20mm

1 x power cord

4 x sensors

4 x valve units

5 x screws ( 1 spare )

2 x velcro pads

1 x full instruction manual.

WEIGHT

Display screen = 55 grams.

1 x Sensor = 29 grams.

1 x Valve = 15 grams.

Power cord = 45 grams.

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know, the group buy has reached 10 purchases on the 2 / 11 forum. If i get the details in today you can expect the units tomorrow :D

Any question drop me a PM!

Ben

Is this finito ?

I always wanted one to replace the clock on the dashboard.

I always feel sorry those little pressure senders going around and around and around like that.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Well I must say I'm surprised at the difference in pressures. My tyres are all at 26psi at cold and the display above is when being used so they increase by 7psi as most end up at 33psi. Also, the rears are running in the mid-50's degrees C which is hotter than I thought they would be, with the rear left the hottest due to the turbo. Very interesting to know.

Shouldn't they be higher than 26psi when at cold ?

I supppose it also depends on the tyre compound as well - your fronts are not the same as the rears are they, perhaps your rears have a good temperature range in order to make them stickier ? Also they are a lot wider = more rolling resistance

What does the turbo side show out of interest ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

You'd expect more than 26psi if Bibs was to run standard tyre sizes, but as it's on V8 rims with wide tyres and an SE car it needs to be lower than either SE or V8 pressures to get the right footprint for those tyres.

Two general rules of thumb, bigger tyre than standard = lower pressure required, lighter car = lower prssure required.

IIRC Bibs got the "correct" pressure requirement from the tyre manufacturer which will also factor in the tyre wall stiffness.

Worth calling the tyre company, give them the corner weights ans tyre sizes and they should be able to calculate it, but it would be the pressure Lotus start with if they were to tune it for handling, they may then alter it slightly to get better feel, so don't use the tyre company's figure as set in stone, but it's not going to be too far out from what you need.