Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
NOS - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

NOS

Couger

Hi Guys

Anyone added this to their cars and is it just asking for trouble or can the Lotus lump handle it?? I know Karls has got it but his has the ECU where mines the carbs, really fancy this if its viable.

Cheers

Ian :rolleyes:

Im Brian and so is my wife

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I s'pose his is charge cooled too.....

As ever the potential weak spot would be the gearbox and then clutch but that's rated up to 350bhp on a V8 so I say go for it but don't go mad!! ...and watch out for 2nd gear!! :rolleyes:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

I s'pose his is charge cooled too.....

As ever the potential weak spot would be the gearbox and then clutch but that's rated up to 350bhp on a V8 so I say go for it but don't go mad!! ...and watch out for 2nd gear!! :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;) whats the pro with 2nd fishy

The biggest and most well known weakness of the Esprit has always been the infernal (Renault T21) Gearbox.

The 2nd gear syncro wears out / goes - among other things + the input shaft is weak too iirc....

See this from LEW......

LEW Gearbox Mod

Edited by evil_dr_fish

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

The biggest and most well known weakness of the Esprit has always been the infernal (Renault T21) Gearbox.

The 2nd gear sycro wears out / goes - among other things - the input shaft is weak too iirc....

See this from LEW......

LEW Gearbox Mod

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats the last thing I want... Id of never even contemplated this but my 11 year old son has convinced me into it, think he just wants the bottle in the boot to show his friends. incidently is there a high performance MGF.. I got my arse whipped by one last night.

....well the old, pre VVT 1.8 k series engine can be souped up to 200bhp

He may have then added nos (you never know!)

Or you don't drive fast enough!! ;):rolleyes:

Taking part in thea traffic light Grand Prix is the best way to ensure gearbox death btw! They need to be driven a bit sympathetically. Some people say it's best to roll it off the lights in 1st, early change into second and then floor it......

With NOS you don't necessarily need a chargecooler. NOS pumps in at -128 degrees so works as an excellent chargecooler itself. As for Karls car, he hasn't installed any progressive controllers or linked with his ECU, just an ON/OFF button 100/0 extra BHP. So this said, it would work on yours as well. DO a google seach and maybe try the Noswizard site and this may help explain things better. I would suggest upto 50BHP or 25BHP to come in at tick over to eliminate turbo lag. This would dramatically improve the 0-60 time.

With NOS you don't necessarily need a chargecooler. NOS pumps in at -128 degrees so works as an excellent chargecooler itself. As for Karls car, he hasn't installed any progressive controllers or linked with his ECU, just an ON/OFF button 100/0 extra BHP. So this said, it would work on yours as well. DO a google seach and maybe try the Noswizard site and this may help explain things better. I would suggest upto 50BHP or 25BHP to come in at tick over to eliminate turbo lag. This would dramatically improve the 0-60 time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the link Dave, very interesting how cheap this mod actually is, I mean cheap in a Lotus capacity... :rolleyes:

NOS is dirt cheap for the quantity of power you can get....

You also have to add the price of a refiull per bottle which also runs for approx 1/2 an hour (for a reasonably sized cannister Karl says 11lb =

NOS is dirt cheap for the quantity of power you can get....

You also have to add the price of a refiull per bottle which also runs for approx 1/2 an hour (for a reasonably sized cannister Karl says 11lb =

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys

Anyone added  this to their cars and is it just asking for trouble or can the Lotus lump handle it?? I know Karls has got it but his has the ECU where mines the carbs, really fancy this if its viable.

Cheers

Ian ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had NOS on my 90 SE for about 8 months now. Hasn't had any negative effects that I've noticed. I use the NGK Iridium plugs to handle the NOS a little better. Runs like crazy.

Pete

i told you all NOS is the future LOLOLOL

seriously though it will run fine on carbs, you can run 40% of your cars power again in nos, example 300bhp you can run 100bhp safetly.

that is the recomendation from wizards of nos, and i say get there system as its alot better than the usa systems, as WON use pulsoids not solenoids, in "THE FILM" the shipped over pulsoids as the usa NOS kit kept breaking.

my friend is a nos dealer so if you do want a price i can get you one, but they are cheaper on ebay and such likes. my friend install mine in no time at all, and that was the first time he had ever done one. ive had mine working in 1st gear but thats NOT advisable at all, 2nd gear and above.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)