Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
sale or return? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

sale or return?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Yes but not Esprits. OK, Dealer takes his cut, but as long as you tell him what you want first for your car, if Dealer can sell it at higher then thats fine with me as - his forecourt, his advertising, his problem if any comeback after the sale.

Done it twice and worked well twice.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

My Esprit is at this moment currently residing with Richard at Sportomotive on this very scheme. I think that his offer to me was a fair one. Just need the car to sell now :-).

Unfortunately only getting rid of due to buying a house, getting married and impending change of job all in a year.

Regards

Chats

Adam

1999 Lotus Esprit GT3

1985 Reliant Scimitar SS1 1600 though will be an 1800Ti upon completion (Currently in bits all over the garage and has been since 2004)

i still should sell it, spent the last day getting mot, de cat on, taking fibreglass out of silencer and messing with wastegate, tyre pressures. went for a drive and it is flying! and now sounds great. I did the same with a westfield, had it overheating and carb probs but sorted them to sell it , ah well

If you go the SOR route let the forum Know which dealer you are thinking of using.

The one Bibs mentions has an ACE rep and there will be no problem with sportomotive.

:)

However, one of the worst rep dealers out there is also the one that does the most

sale or return. There have been owners give up and get their cars back only to find

them in terrible uncared for condition. There have even been cases where they list a

car that the owner is selling privately (on the same sales page but cheaper) despite

having no SOR actually agreed... Don't let anyone take pictures until you agree!

:)

Richard at Sportomotive is good from what I have seen so far and gives me regular emails and responds quick when I have questions.

Just one thing drellis. One item within the contract that Richard demands when he is selling a car on SOR is that the car has a CAT on it. If it is De-catted then for him to take it on SOR, a CAT must be purchased and fitted or he can do that for you but at a cost.

Regards

Chats

Edited by chats371l

Adam

1999 Lotus Esprit GT3

1985 Reliant Scimitar SS1 1600 though will be an 1800Ti upon completion (Currently in bits all over the garage and has been since 2004)