Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1984 S3 Restoration - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

1984 S3 Restoration

It was in good shape to begin with, some said I could have left it as is but I wanted show room condition. Two years later and her it is. Thanks to all the info on this site. I didn't post much just used the search options as it's all been done before.

I know you never get what you put into it but I can't help but wonder what this car is actually worth. It has 45K original miles, a survivor which was kept very well, I was the first owner who did major work to it but kept it completely original other than minor internal engine mods (forged pistons, 10 PSI boost). engine pics only, body picts will be in next post.

Trying to add body pics but having trouble

Pages_from_Pages_from_LotusProjectEngin_2.pdf

Pages_from_Pages_from_LotusProjectEngin_3.pdf

Pages_from_Pages_from_LotusProjectEngin.pdf

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really need to know how you got the finish on your block........

Your engine's the dogs bollocks (btw that's a good thing......thought I'd just clear that up seen as you're from across the pond)

Looks very nice, but that doesn't appear to be the original LC motor...

Hmmm on second thoughts its got the LC cambelt, but a small inlet stub as per HC, perhaps the cooling system has been modified, or same as mine,in that it runs an HC head.

cheers Steve

Edited by 910Esprit

Thanks. The aluminum cleans up well. First I degreased it then hit it with a power washer. At this point you still have the discolored Aluminum finish but its clean. Then you take a drill, various air tools and an angle grinder all fitted with various wire wheel attachments. Including some which come to a point. You then power wire brush the entire surface. At first it