Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
WayneB in California - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

WayneB in California

WayneB

If any of the California crowd, Slade , FMXA, Andretti Trev, Ti*gan :blink: etc. are up for a meet, I will be in the So. Cal area this weekend.

I am driving down in the Buick to take a car back to paradise north(Canada) :D

If any of you would like me to buy them a drink give me a shout and we can arrange a meet. :D

Im definately going to try and visit Crystal Cove again B)

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who's brave enough to drive a Buick from Canada to SoCal and back is worthy of a drink! :blink:

What part of LA/OC are you staying in, and when do you get here?

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

hell yeah. Wayne can meet me behind a shady alleyway in West Hollywood... :D

Seriously, So Cal's pretty big, but I should have an open weekend and ought to be up for a drive. Where are you exactly? I've never been to crystal cove... might take a hop over there.

Old Buicks are sturdy as hell. It's much saner than even driving my Esprit from here to Phoenix... though the reasons behind that trip was pretty insane...

Someone else will have to buy my drinks unless Wayne postpones his trip til June I'm afraid :huh:

Lookin forward to LEF-fest west :)

slade

Edited by slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

If all goes to plan, Im setting off on Thursday morning, then with the aid of Coffee and Regular gasoline am driving to Marina del-Rey,southern California.

Disasters notwithstanding the journey is 2600 miles and will probably take me 2 and a bit days.

If one or all of you can PM me there phone no. I will call when I arrive to sort out where and when.

Just got a route (from google, but am a bit apprehensive as most of the shortest route is in the snow belt :D

these are the states Im passing through:-

Michigan

Indianna

Illanois

Iowa

Nebraska

Kansas

Colorado

Wyoming

Utah

Arizona

Nevada

California

Pray for me men, Im gonna need it :huh:

SUNP0003-1.jpg

I assume that 2600 miles is EACH WAY?!?!? :huh:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Wayne I'll buy you a drink if you get there, good luck!

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I lived in the Marina for ~10 years (holds the distinction of having the highest population of newly divorced women in the US) - great when you're a single young guy looking for some MILF action :huh: If you get time, swing by Chequred Flag on Lincoln Blvd as they sometimes have neat cars there.

Anyway, lets meet at Crystal Cove Saturday AM and do breakfast after - I'll PM you my cell phone number. The local Esprit crowd may be lacking this weekend, one is off the "cop school" and several others are having mechanical issues!

Paul

Thats where Im going Chequered Flag! :)

Bought an Alfa GTV for a mate.

We dont have steel cars without rust up here :P

Yes Evil Fishy, 2600 each way :(

North America is rather large :D

Do you want me to find you a Mexican mail order wife while Im there? :huh:

memarea.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

He'd piss her off by calling her south american :huh:

I'm assuming one of these

Alfa%20Red%20GTV%20Racer.jpg

rather than one of these

GTV.jpg

which they never sold her (regretably IMO)

breakfast sounds good. I'll bring the Esprit too :D just washed her for the occasion... she's been a dirty girl driving around in all the mud.

the rain seems to have let up

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

He'd piss her off by calling her south american :)

I'm assuming one of these

Alfa%20Red%20GTV%20Racer.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had one of those, but a '67 Giulia Sprint GT, not a 1750. Went though it in my typically obsessive, compulsive way. Another project that consumed several years of my life. It had lots of Autodelta GTA stuff, including a sliding block rear, lightweight body panels, GTAm fenders, GTA trim, 2L motor, unibal suspension, ZF 5.12 LSD, lightweight CR gears, 3 piece magnesium BBS wheels, etc. etc. Had to sell it to pay for graduate school.

The fool I sold it to over revved the motor, putting a rod through the block . . . which shattered the glass bowl of the fuel filter. The car burned to the ground. :huh::D

Just thinking of the vintage racing spares in that car is enough to bring one to tears. What a waste. Sob . . :P

Had one too. Wicked car, loved the sound of the Webers, but oh...the problems. Like one of those licentious relationship you know have to stop but keep getting seduced just as you're about to call it quits. Worst part was being able to watch it rust. Something to do with Russian steel Alfa used at the time.

DanR

I assume that 2600 miles is EACH WAY?!?!? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A modest drive by North American standards....a long drive would be 5000 miles each way. Drive safe Wayne.....at least in the Buick you don't have to worry about car jackers and car theives. :huh:

most of his route will be windy mountains and long stretches of desert and great plains. He'll be lucky if he sees anyone, let alone a carjacker :huh:

slade

Ummmmmm YES PLEASE! Preferably slightly impoverished and willing to do anything to live in a high income economy!

:huh::D:):P

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

I love old Alfas almost as much as Lotuses :D

The car Im bringing back is a 1965 Guilia GT Junior 1300.

Its for my mate who was after a usable, fun classic.

I bought a 1974 2000 GTV for me up here.

Guess Im a sucker for Giugiaro designed cars :huh:

Will call you guys when I get in to town :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Have a good trip Wayne and say Hi to Paul for us! :huh:

Have a safe journey wayne!

god you lucky sod its like the film roadtrip driving through all those states!

bugger 2600miles though :huh: hope the radios good :)

good luck and hope the engine gremlins dont kick in on

those 2600miles :D

regards dan :P

A

Take a digital camera and take excessive snaps! :huh:

Could make a really interesting story :D

Folks -

My last PM from Wayne indicated he was uncertain if he'd make Crystal Cove for Saturday AM - I'll be there anyway and should I hear from him, I'll call everyone to let them know.

So in summary - If anyone wants to join me at CC I will be there Saturday (7:00AM - 9:00AM) call me when you arrive (I may not get there at the crack of 7:00AM, but I'm ususally there by 7:45!)

http://www.shoptheirvinecompany.com/mapque...pmain.asp?id=40

P

Hi Wayne....blueerrrkkk

Sorry but the old mans not there till .....blueeerrrkkkk.......next week.

Have to miss it this time......blueeerkkk......rassppppp!

Sorry all really ill and this is the first time off the loo today...........funny how your legs go dead then feel really heavy.............then hurt like hell.....bit like another part of me.......kill me now!!!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Paging Wayne!

If you made it to SoCal give me a call, if you're still on the road its been in the high 80's here today so hurry up! :blink:

I did think wayne would enjoy the weather :blink:

I'm off now!

slade

Just got back from Crystal Cove and it seems as Wayne must still be in transit (or we totally missed the Buick :blink:). Anyway, I met up with Slade (great guy) and saw his neat black 86 - kudo's to him for getting up at the crack of dawn and driving for an hour! It's always nice to put faces to names, and I hope we'll see more of him at future events.

Sorry Robin, forgot the camera :( so you'll just have to come out and see for yourself :blink: