Before I wrote it off...! - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Before I wrote it off...!

Paul@thewatermill

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes, from the ammount of dirt everywhere it looks as if you tried off roading and wasn't successful (join the club, not many of us are good off roaders in Esprits).

Reminds me of mine, I can remember seeing it in the flesh (they look 100x worse in the flesh belive me) and feeling ill, physically sick that such a beautiful thing could look so tragic :)

Always thought it was one of the saddest things about Esprits in that they are so rare, but so much fun to drive hand that sometimes the worst can happen...

(PS glad youre OK though :( )

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

In my enthusiasm to post the videos of my last Esprit's demise, I should have said that the accident happened in 2003. Thanks Bibs for pointing this out - I am ok!

The accident happened on a straight piece of road. The back end suddenly slid out and sent me through a hedge and flipped into a ditch. I came out completely unscathed.

I've done almost exactly the same thing a few years ago. Mine was due to a puncture/underinflated tyre on the rear.

Swerved to avoid something on a straight bit of road, car pendulumed a few time then spun dug in on one side and rolled over.

Worst part id that with a car so low both doors were blocked against the side of the ditch and it took some serious effort to open one to get out.

Damage looked almost identical to yours on mine!!

• Gold FFM

Eeek! Glad thats a rare sight. Doesn't look like a great deal salvageable from that one.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

So....Paul , what Esprit you're driving now?

Colour and pic please!rolleyes.gif

Hello Allan,

The Esprit V8 SE I crashed in early 2003 was built to my spec. Azure Blue with piped tan hide.

I managed to track down a 2001 Colbalt Blue V8 SE with blue hide, later in 2003 as a replacement.

I'm still driving the Colbalt Blue one to this day although it has had to have a new engine since I got it.

This is the car in my picture with me and my son, Josh.

I still think I prefer the Azure blue as a colour for the car but my Colbalt blue seems less common and a bit more subtle.

Mayby one day when I can afford a respray. The new Persian Blue seen on the new Evora at the factory visit last week, looks fantastic.

Although I am sure to the purists having a not stardard colour, would not be the done thing.

Cheers,

Paul