Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New photos of production spec car - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New photos of production spec car

alan

These photos are popping up all over the web. Not sure of the original source to credt / link but happy to add a credit / link if anyone knows.

I love the black with black wheels "stealth" combination

post-6-1218351058_thumb.jpg

On thing these shots show is where the number plate will go on UK cars. This was not clear on the motor show car.

Any idea what the green / blue colour is called - it would be good to start a gallery of different colours / wheels to help us choose! I think the wheels are the same design but alloy rather than black.

post-6-1218351352_thumb.jpg

Some more shots

post-6-1218351497_thumb.jpg

post-6-1218351587_thumb.jpg

post-6-1218351673_thumb.jpg

Alan

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Nice shots - and those black wheels look nice on the black car. I think the blue/green is "Prism Green", which is a premium colour on the current model range and gives the appearance of changing shade as you change your position relative to the car, a bit like the TVR "flip" colours. I saw it on an Elise SC at the factory back in May - nice but not to my taste.

The black car looks like Phantom Black (the flatter non-metallic black) rather than the more common Starlight Black, which has a metallic fleck in it. I think Phantom works better as a "stealthy" colour but I bet it's a pain to keep looking clean!

• Gold FFM

The Blue/Green is, I think "Aqua".....

Black great, but there are hidden details lost.......where's the glass flip gone?

Another prototype made a showing at the EGP this weekend and looked great in Canyon Red.

ATB

Scott.

I wonder if Lotus are going to do a "car configurator" where you can choose / see colours etc. If not does anyone want us to start a gallery section on the forum showing the different colour / interior / wheel options as photos become available?

Alan

last pic is great. i love blackwheels especially since it makes whole wheels look bigger diameter which helps the look of production car.

also like the fact that black hides the vertice meeting of 2 glasses at pillar B which i always think is a kind of amateur touch in design. always a weak point that gets hidden well.

Design should evoque strenght and a single point to link 2 sections transmits the oposite.

Overall it lacks a tad of the 70s soul (especially in front), but its good enuff to make me very interested, especially due to 2 plus 2 mid engine (although masswise its so behind its basically a rear placement).

I hope pricing is right, and i hope they can slash weight a bit more. I think its too heavy for a lotus.

Hope to see it in iracing or live for speed for a testdrive before i handle the dough. :)

also like the fact that black hides the vertice meeting of 2 glasses at pillar B which i always think is a kind of amateur touch in design. always a weak point that gets hidden well.

Design should evoque strenght and a single point to link 2 sections transmits the oposite.

I actually like it because of this, to me it is the statement that says the opposite that suprises and challanges the standard thinking. It makes you think "how did they accomplish that", in fact when you get close you can see how they did it but it still looks cool. I remember when I was approaching the car I was fascinated to see how they produced this effect.

Just my thought on this topic it's all personal preference, but it does hide the effect and this may sway me away from black!! I still can't get over how long we have to wait to drive one!