Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Canyon Red prototype - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Canyon Red prototype

TomE

• Gold FFM

I wasn't at the EGP but when Scott mentioned there'd been a prototype Evora there, I had to go looking for pics. I've tracked down some from SELOCers who were there and these pics are cross-posted with their permission - my, that colour looks good! Note that this is an engineering prototype for testing, not a production car - the logo on the car is the EGP sticker.

From Kevin Ritson:

EGP3.JPG

From Andrew Kitson (BTW, for any who don't know motorsport artist Andrew's brilliant stuff, check out his work at www.andrewkitson.com!)

p1080035og4.jpg

From Lawrence Nash:

IMGP6539.jpg

IMGP6492.jpg

From the discussion on SELOC it looks to have been well-received

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Lotus actually taking the car out to one of it's potential audiences and letting them have a play :)

Having a look on Seloc, the EGP looked brilliant too and raised a huge sum for charity, nicely done!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

This is one of my favourite colours on the car.........in my mind's eye of course!

Canyon Red Metallic, Oyster Leather with the stock Silver wheel. Oyster is the Cream leather as per show car, and PR images.

I reckon people will struggle - there's to be lots of colour choice, plus the four leathers.........

ATB

Scott.

I really liked the red to start with as it looked very Ferrari-ish, but having had a bit of time to think about it maybe thats a reason for not having it in red. I think I'd like to see a mustard yellow one.

• Gold FFM

The current colour range doesn't include the old Norfolk Mustard Yellow - maybe we'll get it back as one of the extra Evora colours? The current Solar Yellow is close and looks great. Here's a Solar Yellow Exige and someone else's photoshoppery on a yellow Evora. Currently top of my (not very short!) shortlist.

post-26-1218667818_thumb.jpg

post-26-1218667939_thumb.jpg

• Gold FFM

Some more close up pictures, thanks to Nolan Rogers. Remember, it's a pre-production prototype eg lights aren't final versions, no nose badge!

post-26-1218719028_thumb.jpg

post-26-1218719048_thumb.jpg

post-26-1218719077_thumb.jpg

post-26-1218719100_thumb.jpg

Aha...twin tail pipes. Single tail pipe on the Persian Blue car at the 'ring!

Could I ask to use some of these photos for my Evora Knol (Here) please? Andrew Kitson and Lawrence's pictures in particular give a good sense of the overall line of the car.

Nolan's pictures are great - suddenly it's not just a styling exercise, it's sculpture! That red really suits the car too.

• Gold FFM
Could I ask to use some of these photos for my Evora Knol (Here) please? Andrew Kitson and Lawrence's pictures in particular give a good sense of the overall line of the car.

The pics were originally posted on SELOC by Andrew Kitson, Lawrence5 and nolan and they've all recently given me the OK for using them on here. I'm sure they'd give permission for re-use with a suitable acknowledgement: if you aren't registered on SELOC, it's quick and free for basic membership, then either search for them in the member list or look for the recent EGP thread.

Hi,

That may have been the same red one I got to have a sit in last Thursday at the annual EALC club BBQ held at the Factory Club house. It was a great evening, the weather stayed good so we were able to look around the show car, but we couldn't actually get right close as it was clean for a photoshoot the next day and they couldn't risk it getting damaged as well. The red car at the BBQ was a bit bare, some of the interior missing and a rool cage was fitted, but you could get a feel for the driving postion and entering and leaving access, which I found to be just like the Esprit, no easier getting in and out.

Owen