Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Evora's Skin? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Evora's Skin?

Allan Gibbs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

It's definitely composite for the body panels but I'm not sure about the manufacturing method being used. Should be clearer at the exhibition at Hethel on 14 Sept. Aren't the Exige/Elise ones subcontracted to the same firm and done using the same techniques?

I'm not sure about the firm but my understanding is the Exige's fiberglass is actually thicker and heavier that the Elises'.

I don't think so. I think they are the same thickness.

You may be confused with the VX 220 which was built alongside the Elise. My understanding is that Vauxhall wanted a more rigid body and the thickness of the panels is 2 or 3 mm thicker than an Elise/Exige.

Guest peck555

The Exige has thicker hand laid fiberglass, whereas the Elise has the thinner, lighter formed panels.

The Elise (S2) has a seam that runs between the headlights that shows where the panels were joined and the Exige is smooth in the same spot (one piece, hand laid)

• Gold FFM
Also the 'bumber' sections are separate.

Good news - so hopefully less chance of needing an expensive clam repair after a braille parking incident!

• 3 weeks later...