Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Cars... - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Cars...

Bibs

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, I suppose i had better put my pride and joy's photo up, although there are a few on here that already know it Very well :(

Its a original Dry-Sumped, Turbo Esprit with 4 stud compomotives (cars 82> have 5 studs)

lotus.jpg

mine is on the right

IMG_0646.jpg

Kimbers, you need to update your car now you have changed it!

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• 3 weeks later...

.....and my two "Beauty & The Beast"

Elise SC

IMG_5461-1.jpg

Esprit V8

Lakes29024-1.jpg

I must get them into the same photgraph.

Regards,

Brian

Stike the LAnd Rover from the current fllet - some scrote has nicked it (if you do see a metalic Grey Defender 90 station wagon, reg M111 HET please let the BiB know). Given the current climate the replacement will probably be a second hand Fester :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

New addition to the fleet

So I've given in to the temptation and after much searching picked up this on Saturday:

DSCN2646_UL.JPG

Many thanks to Scott at B&C for going to extraordinary lengths to try and source a car for me, including behind the scenes negotiations with the factory on an ex-staff car. Thanks also to Guy at Strattons for helpful advice too. But in the end Ben and Steve at Westover sorted out a cracking deal on a nearly new one and got my business.

Had a fantastic 3+ hours back roads drive back from Poole on Saturday and completely love this car.

I've had the Elan for nearly 10 years and whilst it gets a few positive comments it largely slips by unnoticed by the man in the street. Yet in two days with the new one I've had thumbs up from other (non Lotus) drivers, people stopping in the street and folks coming up to me to pass positive comment. And five of the neighbours have asked for a ride in it!

Have to say that a big part of this is the paintwork: its the MY09 Arctic Silver which apparently has more metallic fleck than the previous Arctic. It looks almost liquid and reminds me of the T1000 from Terminator 2! Doesn't show in most photos but this is the closest I've found:

as03.jpg

Just got to learn how to drive a RWD now - Lotus Academy and Walshy Day coming up (y)

Coincidentally, it was the afternoon driving one of these at Hethel on the Evora Day that finally convinced me I wanted one of these. And in case you were wondering, this isn't connected to the Evora decision - deposit still down and looking forward to the reviews and test drives :P

• Gold FFM

I thought I'd do some driver training first then see how I feel, but I expect it'll be out there sometime later in the year. cool.gif

Tom. A nice addition to your fleet. I love the colour.

I was at the factory 2 weekends ago and attended the Driver Academy (gold licence) which was great fun. In the car park adjacent to the clubhouse was a Europa S in Arctic Silver and I noticed that there was much more metal fleck and it sparkled.

Enjoy you Elise.

.....and my two "Beauty & The Beast"

I must get them into the same photograph.

EliseEspritEvora29032009073.jpg

My daily car to be replaced by an Evora next year. Just about to have fun in the snow in Aviemore earlier this year.

10022009142.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...