OOO - 'Ello!

burt

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Welcome Burt! I'm guessing you're the same burt as on SELOC? Look forward to your contributions on here.

Are you going to hold on for a used LHD one or is RHD fine for you? I don't know what the estimated production allocations and order book are for each, just that roughly 700 of a 2000-car full year's production will be UK. But then, as with the Elise, the factory can easily build either variant depending on how the demand works out.

lol - hia tom! - yup the very same...i promise not to tell any of my "jokes"!

no planning to buy a UK one = RHD....as Cloggy import duties will just kill the Evora here! - although i know Theirry has ordered 5 of them! - Whether he manages to sell the ones he doesn intend on keeping is a different matter!

burt

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Ouch! Although presumably that applies to all cars, so the Evora is up against the same competition as elsewhere, eg Cayman S. Does anyone manufacture locally and get round the import duties?

Tom,

as far as i know, it is / only spyker that manufacture locally!....

"normal" cars seem to be normally priced! - so have no idea how they get around that one!

i also know that the cloggy dealers have just been given a quite large discount from Lotus due to the current exchange rate!

burt

Maybe there are huge luxury car taxes in Cloggyland, like here in Oz. We have to pay 33% tax for luxury cars (Priced over AU $58k). This adds up to about $24k in EXTRA tax on a base spec +2 Evora before any of the packs are added. That's about GBP 10k in tax on top of duties and VAT.

This means that a full spec car will cost us about AU $200k which, at todays exchange rate, is about GBP 93k. We really get slugged with taxes here.