Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pairing a phone... - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pairing a phone...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

I'm pretty sure you have to take the Blackbird nav unit out from its dock in the media unit, associate the phone with the Blackbird, then stick the BB back in the media unit. I don't think you can do it from the front panel of the media unit.

Matt's read the manuals cover to cover and set everything up so should be able to confirm.

Yes - tom's right.....Bollygirl you need to take the portable satnav out of the dock. Make sure your phone has bluetooth on and it's set to be visible to other devices (these will be on your phone settings).....then switch the blackbird on (that's the portable satnav) and select 'Phone' and then 'settings'. Make sure bluetooth is switched on (top menu selection) then select something like 'search for devices' which is one of the menu items - maybe on the second page....the blackbird should find your phone....select it and it will ask you to input a code - this can be whatever you want - e.g. 1234 then enter....then your phone should ask if you want to connect to the blackbird (it's called something else, can't remember exactly) - your phone will probably ask to input the code - ie 1234....then you should be up an running.

it automatically downloads your phonebook / call history etc - so easy to dial from the main screen.

simple! actually it's pretty easy once you've realised you have to do it on the portable satnav rather than the main screen.

put the blakbird back in the dock and from now on your phone should be properly paired always.

there are some menu items on the main screen where you can select to always connect when switched on etc.

give it a try and let me know if it works. first time i tried it i couldn't hear anything on the speaker (but people could hear me) - this is fixed on one of the setup screens - can't remember exactly which one but if you're having this problem i'll have another look and let you know

good luck.

Edited by matt

Many thanks, managed to set it up just after my post via the main screen without removing the blackbird.

Have paired both our phones, and they both work really well. Cars internal loud speaker is well... loud :) The process was simple in the end, just need to get to grips with what each sub menu contains.

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

well done.

you can turn the volume down on the main unit normal volume controls when you're on the phone - at least i think you can. Mine was loud first time but today it was absolutely fine - the only thing i can have amended was he volume controls.

My numpty questions on phone

Never used the bluetooth functionality before and so having paired them how do we use it

1. Leave either or only one phone on if so I assume bluetooth has to be enabled - but does sat nav have to be selected to use phone in first place?

2. Pair each time one of us is in the car or just assume - subject answer above - it picks them up automatically when enabled on phone

3. Will it cope with both phones being on at the same time

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

bolly girl - my phone (if i've switched bluetooth on) pairs automatically when i switch the ignition on - i don't have to do anything.

i don't think you have to be on the satnav screen for the phone to work - but you do have to ensure that a setting in one of the setup menus is set to 'Nav interrupt on' or something like that - this ensures that when the phone rings whatever you were doing on the main unit is stopped and the phone screen kicks in.

i've no idea about 2 phones paired at the same time - i suspect it won't work - have fun trying though !!

• 3 months later...

my phone worked for a week and then the alpine system now showing bluetooth disconected and when i press the touch screen to activate bluetooth, nothing happens(no green tick on left) even though there is the bluetooth sign on the main screen.

my phone worked for a week and then the alpine system now showing bluetooth disconected and when i press the touch screen to activate bluetooth, nothing happens(no green tick on left) even though there is the bluetooth sign on the main screen.

I have the same recurrent issue. Sometimes pressing the tick box to activate bluetooth does kick it in again, often not. I have deleted the phone / alpine pairing and reinstated it in the past which seems to solve it for a while.

Also had the same problem and has noted above untick and the re-tick the bluetooth box usually works.

Worst case- once i had to press the resest button on the back of the handheld unit.

seems to be another common problem on the alpine unit

construction and property consultants : My company

Cheers lads now connected. But just noticed have you been on the demo mode it showes you everything the alpine can do and also stuff mine cant do, when you press source there is radio, usb,cd,sat/nav but also, phone, when this is pressed your screen becomes a phone with missed call last no redial etc. at the moment I have to press sat/nav and get my phone that way and the screens not half as good, are yours the same.

• 4 weeks later...

there are some menu items on the main screen where you can select to always connect when switched on etc.

give it a try and let me know if it works. first time i tried it i couldn't hear anything on the speaker (but people could hear me) - this is fixed on one of the setup screens - can't remember exactly which one but if you're having this problem i'll have another look and let you know

good luck.

I have paired mine, but have this issue - can hear others. they can't hear me. Can anyone help with where to look in set-up screens to fix this?

Thanks

Might well be the mic . If you can't sort this thru settings. Make a call to your own land line or sthg and the tick box for mic on or off will show on the screen. Dealer discovered that mymicrophone simply was not plugged in properly. All has been well since.

Thanks all - managed to get to the bottom of it today, and it was phone which was problem.

I've had it hooked up to a few cars, but for some reason Evora is the only one which required me to specifically set phone to "hands free" mode before microphone will work. In fact, on previous cars it has been the opposite.

HTC Touch Pro 2 if anyone else has same issue. Cheers