Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Found really old magazine article on convertible Esprit - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Found really old magazine article on convertible Esprit

Al

Never thought about it before Howards comment but if anybody is interested in collecting old memorabilia like this (for the Esprit article of course hrhr.gif ) then the magazine is available. It is missing its outside cover unfortunately but the rest is there in its technicolour beauty. Some dodgy dress (or lack off) sense even in the adverts and amazing how hair styles and shape have changed.......w00t.gif Evolution has been rapid!

PM me your name & address and I'll post it off when I return to UK in late Jan. If there is more than one then I'll send to the first unless there is a stronger case for present owner or something.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Taga top is a nice idea, I only see 1 draw back, most people have trouble stowing the glass panel! :D

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Im wondering how easy it would be to recreate? Who knows where the moulds are. I have asked befor and the last time they were around was in southend?

• Gold FFM

the body is just an 'drop on' & 'screw it tight' -thing in my eyes.

The frame does have some torsional loads to compensate, and you can see how flexible it is if you undo the rear bar on top of the gearbox. Or just go on a ride with the gear-lever cover off. Put your hand between body and frame and you can feel the movement within the construction. But on the other hand, the body gets cracks on the mounting points (especially on the rear ones, with the gearbox cross bar..) -that shows that there is not much what the body can do to assist in stiffness, it is not strong enough.. . Think the cracks on the RH rear mounting point comes (on the later cars) from the weight of the battery, that is accelerated vertically & horizontally there every time. As it is so far away from the CoG of the car itself there is a lot of 'load' on the rear-body. An other point is the weight of the silencer (mounted on the body, not an an separate bar fitted to the gearbox -as per the early cars)

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Im wondering how easy it would be to recreate? Who knows where the moulds are. I have asked befor and the last time they were around was in southend?

The 3rd posting on this topic has a link. In there is the story of the moulds and location.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of questions raised in that topic concerning the St Tropez convertible Esprit I try to answer here in brief.

Topic starter Allan asks how much produced: He hopes 1: Actually produced: 6

Luckily for six owners now who have the pleasure of open Esprit driving.

Some like the design what Paul Bailey made, some doesn

post-3590-126315087439_thumb.jpg

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/

Rolf

The car looks great. If they were still in existance i would have certainly been adding the conversion to my list. Would love to see even more pictures of the car. Engine bay etc. Rear hatch up...