Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Workshop weekends - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Workshop weekends

Dave Freeman

Hi friends, romans, country men, as I have said on lots of occassions the forum is a place to meet, have fun and help owners keep their cars on the road in tip top condition.

Well. Last year we held a very successful workshop weekend and managed to do loads of work on Sparkys car as a sort of "thankyou Sparky" for all the members he has helped over the years, In addition we repaired lots of other cars, electric windows, radiator fans etc. All good stuff and we got to sing and drink as well.

At the time, or rather just after the event I wanted to make a regular event of the "workshop weekend" so to see how much interest there is I am proposing to hold a workshop weekend event in the spring and late summer. It will be a full weekend, BBQ on the sat night, working on other peoples cars during the saturday and sunday.

The idea is for all help each other maintain our cars, it would be nice to have one major repair on each event or lots of small repairs / maintenance. Could be gearbox repair, suspension, infact anything a group of like minded car enthusiasts can complete in a weekend.

So if anyone has any thoughts on what could be done, or that they might want to have done then please let me know. I am happy to sponsor each event (booze, BBQ etc) all we need is to arrange it so that we can get the best out of each weekend.

So who is up for it, is it a good idea and what type of repairs or modifications do we want to do ?

Note this is in addition to the event on the 30/31 jan to remove my engine, the new events are in a way my PAYBACK, and they are great fun.

Best regards all

Dave

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one. My car still being a bit of a wreck always needs something done. I am fairly certain it is not running as it should, very hesitant on pulling away and the boost guage never seems to move much. It would be really helpful if someone could just take a run in the car and tell me what they think is wrong.

Apart from this always keen to work on other cars and learn - this being my first Esprit

Sounds good, when working on my car I am a bit of a lone wolf, I like to keep track but if people are up for a day in the workshop / BBQ / back slapping and alcohol experimentation afterwards I'm up for that :)

I'm no genius but I know my way enough around an Esprit having pretty much 1/2 disassembled both of mine.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

This topic has been moved into EVENTS where it should have started.

Please try and remember to list topics in the correct section.

Thanks guys.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I'm all for a workshop training get together, but I would rather work or been shown on another Lotus and work on mine at home. So not suck somewhere and unable to get home again if something goes wrong.

But all work can be filmed and anyone can review at anytime if they where unable to make it. Even have a web cam to web cam help by a mech or anyone else setup to help online at that time. Or a group cam so one member anywhere and teach all other members online at that time. All will be able to chat to each other. Easy to setup and would have great benifits for LEW.

But big jobs where you want to be there, you can either turn up or if unable to travel then view it. anim_53.gif

sig.jpg

Web cam setup is an ace idea for those who cant make it but want to follow the fun and games!

Had a few at mine over the years in one form or another, they are ace! If I can make it to any to help out I will, not in a position to do so right now but hopefully that will change soon.

Good luck Dave, I'm sure these will be VERY succesfull!

Chunky Lover

Thats a brilliant idea Dave and I'd be well up for that. I have a list as long as my arm with jobs that need/I'd like done on my car but would be more interested in learning a few things from the experts.

(If you're stuck with work don't forget I have the Elite that needs stripping.......thumbsup.gif

Edited by esprit s2

Excellent idea Dave! Presently I am working on my rear suspension. I have it all apart and getting ready to install all new bushing... What a job!

Hi Dave. You can obviously count me in. My only constraint is weekend working, one in three :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

How can I turn down those wonderful accommodations, hospitality and catering?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Im hoping that after spending a small fortune over this month in getting work done that itl be running like linford Christie but i fear that by the time these events come around it will may well be running like Vanessa Feltz.............

...... Not that im at all pessemistic.

sounds like a cracking idea.. count me in