Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus/TVR meet - Brands Hatch - 31st January 2010 - Page 6 - UK - Kent - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus/TVR meet - Brands Hatch - 31st January 2010

Bibs

Hey all

Thanks for the great day, it was definately worth the trip down from Newcastle! Thanks to all those who I spoke to and for letting me sit in their cars. Especially to Bibs for the ride in the Esprit, it was awesome! I'll be posting up news about my design project soon for you to comment on if you want to get involved :thumbsup:

Cheers

Jack

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hello, everyone.

Driving my Esprit has, is, and will always be a great way to spend the day. However, posing with other Esprits and snaking through narrow, icy, and pot-hole filled country lanes, will always be an experience to remember. It's was a pleasure to meet THE MAN (bibs) and thank you to the other Esprit owners who showed me a warm welcome on such a very cold January morning. I must apologize for leaving behind the other Esprit owners at the Woodman Pub early as I just couldn't resist the temptation to burn rubber on the M25, where I caught up and shadowed a rosso red Ferrari 360. The driver pulled over on a few ocassions to let me pass, but I held back. I was just beginning to have fun. I was more than willing to go all the way, but the Ferrari took the M4 exit.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all in the near future and please don't lead us again down a narrow and rough road.

Regards,

Sonny

Hi all,

Thanks for a great day out, it was good to meet some fellow Esprit owners. I would be up for another run sometime. Maybe we could split into smaller groups - fast, mid and old farts who like to look at the scenery (just a thought). Might be easier to stay in some kind of convoy. And what was with the bonfire in the Woodsman car park? :thumbsup: Maybe they were trying to melt the plastic car? :no

post-3819-126505585942_thumb.jpg

post-3819-126505588881_thumb.jpg

post-3819-126505591081_thumb.jpg

post-3819-126505595686_thumb.jpg

post-3819-126505598577_thumb.jpg

post-3819-126505601072_thumb.jpg

post-3819-12650560804_thumb.jpg

post-3819-12650561089_thumb.jpg

Looking at the photos it looks like one of my schoolboy wet dreams from 25 years ago...Lotus & TVR together AWESOME.

Still think the Griffith is still one of the nicest looking cars ever.

Makes we wish I got on a plane.

Looks like a fab day out had by all! Can't see you though Ian? or did you not wear shorts?

What happened to your arm Peter?

Simon,

I was loading my race car. I decided to give the trailer a yank to line up the ramps...loud cracking noise and I have a double fracture in my left arm just below the elbow. No Silverstone for me on Saturday.

Hey all

Thanks for the great day, it was definately worth the trip down from Newcastle! Thanks to all those who I spoke to and for letting me sit in their cars. Especially to Bibs for the ride in the Esprit, it was awesome! I'll be posting up news about my design project soon for you to comment on if you want to get involved :getmecoat:

Cheers

Jack

Jack,

You are most welcome to a passenger ride in my Elise race car on a track day. If you are interested I can send you the dates (subject to my arm recovering.)

Peter

Jack, I am hoping to be back in the car on 18th March at Silverstone on the GP circuit. I'll give you a shout. If Chris Randall is there with his 430BHP Europa GT Cup car I'm sure you could get a few laps in that too.

The LoT track day? I'm hoping to be there too :wallbash:

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.