Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Another S1 accounted for! - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Another S1 accounted for!

ElEsprito

Hello all,

after many years of looking for a LHD Esprit in Europe and changing ambition from an S3Turbo to the clean lines of an S1, I finally sealed the deal yesterday. I bought chassis# 100J, being the first RoW S1 Esprit, which turned out to be for sale not even far from my place.

Some info on the car:

- manufactured in January 1976

- originally sold to The Netherlands (that's where I live...)

- matching no's

- left the factory in white/tartan

- has been restored body-off in 1994, repainted in red, with black leather interior and garaged since then

- driven 300km/yr since and passed MoT every year

Although the color and interior is not orig spec, the mid 90's resto prevents the need for a full resto now. It passed the PPI easily. I'm going to do the functional maintenance/repairs in order to get it back on the road (carb rebuilt, belt, fix some leaks resulting from limited use) and drive it for a few years first. Next would be a repaint in orig Monaco White (I know, everybody does that etc. But I like it a lot and it's how it left the factory). I might consider a retrim of the interior sometime in the future.

I'm actually not sure if this topic belongs in the resto section ;-) But that's wishfull thinking I guess...

A few Q's:

- Do I post pics using Attachments?

- Is there a downloadable S1 workshop manual somewhere?

- How hard are the tires to get by and where?

Many thanks

Dennis

Trying to attach pics

Can someone pls tell me how I add pics?

TIA

Dennis

img007.pdf

Edited by ElEsprito

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

£20 for membership gets you access to parts manuals, discounts etc so worth it. Car looks great in the pictures

Edited by wayneb911

That is a fantastic looking S1 you have. Personally I would keep it red as there are so many white ones about now. Normally it would be "stay original" but yours will stand out more! Like you say a retrim would possibly take priority, not least as you can get your car trimmed back in tartan by the guy who did it originally if your pockets are deep enough. This cannot be an option forever.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

For pictures your best off getting a photobucket.com account and putting all your pictures in there where you can organise them into your different topics and it will resize the photos to be in line with the forum T&C's then link them into your post using the insert image button, 2nd from the right of the smily face :(

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Hi Wayne, does that also include the S1 workshop manual?

Dennis

I'm afraid not. Only the parts manual is available in electronic form, the workshop manual is only available in paper form.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Thanks. What makes it somewhat interesting is that the PO wasn't aware that this was the first RoW car. Not that it carries enormous value, but to me it makes it just that bit more special.

Dennis

Well done, Dennis. You've got a very nice car there and it was great that it was so local. I hope you have many happy miles of driving it.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

@ Garp: yes it was white, a PO changed it to blue somewhere in history. Some of it's original RDW papers do state 'blue' indeed, but they are dated approx 2 yrs after production. Guess a PO got fed up with the Bond comments. I have had the factory check the chassis number and it left Hethel in white/tartan

@ Scott: same thoughts here. I wonder what a period correct brand/type would be?

Rgds

Dennis

Edited by ElEsprito