Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My car details from Hethel Birth Certificate! - Page 3 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My car details from Hethel Birth Certificate!

Is the service still available? I have sent Andy several e-mails and have not had a response.

Wayne,

Try him at agraham@lotuscars.com. He helped me out just a few weeks ago. Maybe you have his old address at agraham@lotuscars.co.uk?

- Matt

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is the service still available? I have sent Andy several e-mails and have not had a response.

:wallbash:

Wayne

What e-mail address were you using, factory have changed e-mails from co.uk to .com, so its agraham@lotuscars.com now.

Sky, contact the factory to see what payments they take.

Edited by larc

Received mine in the post today and an interesting fact about my car is, she was the only Pacific Blue, Gray interior, non federal spec high wing made!

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

According to the letter for waynes gold s3' the chassis numbers for s3 cars started at 1010. Well that's my chassis number. So my s3 could be the first off the production line. Certainly, when the po re-trimmed the car, he found s2 written on the binnacle. I am going to get the factory to confirm, but thats quite exciting?

Chassis no. Scc085912bhd11010

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I've just got my certificate back for my S4s. Very interesting.

It states it is one of only two Esprit S4s produced in Mica Yellow & the other was sent to Australia ( anyone on here ? ) so it's the only one in the UK in this colour, furthermore it is the only S4s produced with Monarch Leaf leather interior :-)

Aparently it was number 085 off the production line.

Interestingly there were only 67 1995 UK models produced & 25 1996 UK models so 92 UK car in all, wonder how many are left ?

Only thing I don't understand is that the build date was 30th June 1995 but it wasn't registered until 1st March 1996.

Did these hang around in the dealerships that long or could it have been used as a demonstrator ?

Supplying dealer matches the logbook.

Nice information to have all the same.

Regards, Phil.

:hrhr: oh right , mines raven,I thought ravens were black,but no its gray according to Lotus :shuriken:

Hi, Aparently the other Mica Yellow one that went to Australia had a raven interior.

I was a bit unsure about the green interior when I saw pictures of mine at the dealer I bought her from but it looks better when you see it in real life & it suits the colour of the car. Nice to know its quite a rare combination too.

Phil.

• 10 months later...

i got mine a while back, interestingly there was no mention that it was factory owned for the first 6 months, and no mention of the federal spec bumpers :question:

• 2 weeks later...

i got mine a while back, interestingly there was no mention that it was factory owned for the first 6 months, and no mention of the federal spec bumpers :question:

Why would a UK car leave the production line with US bumpers? Are you sure they weren't changed after production?

Why would a UK car leave the production line with US bumpers? Are you sure they weren't changed after production?

The car 100% left the factory with federal bumpers, All i can think is, as Ged says it was for development or maybe it was Director owned and he/she wanted that style of bumper. I really don't know

I was the previous owner of Steve's car. Although I have no hard evidence, information I was given was that the car had been used by a senior member of Lotus; I assumed that he or she had the Federal bumpers as an upgrade of some sort. They have additional side lights.

Edited by Winter

• 3 months later...

I know its a well worn topic on here, but a very thoughtful wife got me my cars birth certificate and letter with all the details from Lotus for Christmas. I had underestimated how great this bit of paper is!! and I have found out that my car is one of only 3 made in its spec in that year!!!

Will wait for sale frenzy to die down and will then get it framed along with a tasty picture of the car. If you have ummed and ahhhed about getting yours, go on make the call!!

Happy New year one and all!

Twitter @radioRedwards

Rick,

Congratulations. Amazing what a couple of sheets of paper can do!

I've had the info on my car for a couple of years now. Not framed, but every so often I do dig it out and read each line carefully, taking in every piece of information.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/30744-my-car-details-from-hethel-birth-certificate/?hl=%2Bbirth+%2Bcertificate