Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My car details from Hethel Birth Certificate! - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My car details from Hethel Birth Certificate!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I did get the info but have not got the certificate, Think I may do soon as I wonder with things changing at Hethel how long this service will be available.

Looks good

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

It's all doom and gloom, they'll probably stop the free cups of tea in Lotus Sport for visitors too and there will be nothing but pasta on the menu! Very British attitude there Chris, cheer up about Lotus, good things are happening.

I've got that certificate for my car and I'm very lucky to have a copy of the entire build record which was a special treat. It's a great item of provenance to have with the car.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Yes only jesting, but I do hope that Lotus do keep up the friendly side of the Company.

The Certificate is well worth having to go with the car.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I want one, actually I want two !

Also I want to try and trace Ali's uncle's Esprit - he bought it new in 1988/89 iirc in London but almost imediatly had a new plate on it, it'd be amazing if someone on here has it (Red stevens NA - mebbe Dan's car ?)

How do I go about that ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Add me to the list of interested owners! I tried calling Lotus Cars USA. Left several messages asking about window sticker copies and warranty/ service history information. Seems you can phone in, but they can't phone out!

Am I barking up the wrong tree, so to speak?

Anyway, I'd love this information about mine. What do I have to do?

Done - Yeah I know it's not a freebie but it's worth the cash, hope he can trace my G/Fs uncles car - I know he would be really happy to have some info on it.

Edited by Jonathan

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

All paid up and anxiously waiting.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

• Gold FFM

What exactly does the build record detail Bibs?

from the impression out of the picture it is mostly the same sort of information as you can get by studies in your front luggage-compartement, the small owners manual (if stamped corecctly..) and the VIN-code in the workshop manual.

So Bibs, does Lotus offer an real 'expertise'-service in the factory? Like it can be done in Maranello... .

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

The build book is perhaps 100 sheets from the dealer order form, every piece of paper recording the actual build of the car to the PDR and all warranty claims. Unfortunately they aren't available to the public.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

So Bibs, does Lotus offer an real 'expertise'-service in the factory? Like it can be done in Maranello... .

From first hand experience - 'yes'

Lotus people who are actually interested in your car, your requirements and solving issues.

On some cars the provenence cert. highlights detail and differences that lifting the front luggage-compartment can t share?

ermm.gif

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

• Gold FFM

would be interesting if possible buyers of used cars in UK can make use of it. As part of an 'validation' exersise... . Simply to find what's original and what is part of the (in some details 'badly') UK upgrades [sunroofs in such case]... :getmecoat:

Luckily , I can use the dealer stamp in the owners-manual, the owners registration in the same book, the T

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Ping an email to Andy Graham, he's the company archivist and it's one of his responsibilities. Agraham@lotuscars.co.uk

It's not a free service but the token payment is reasonable.

Just sent the request, Bibs.

Thank you for the information!

• 2 weeks later...

Can I get one of these for my not so rare Elise S1 111S?.. All I can gather at the moment is mine is chassis 821 of 1400ish 111s elise varients sold.. would be a nice addition to the collection of paper work.

Can someone PM how much this costs?

Many thanks